CIT Faculty Member
Edison State Community College invites qualified candidates to apply for the full-time position of CIT Faculty Member. Full-time faculty are those persons employed to provide instruction during a regular academic year whose assigned load is a minimum of thirty (30) semester contract hours on a 9-month contract. This position will teach courses in Computer Information Technology (CIT), Networking (NET), and Network Programming (NEP) programs. Courses may be taught in Cisco Systems (CSC) once additional certifications are obtained.
To be considered, candidates should include cover letter, resume, transcripts, teaching philosophy and three professional references when completing their online application.
Edison State Community College is an EOE/AA Employer.
- Provide instruction and conduct classes in accordance with the philosophy of the college and within the scope of a defined course or study.
- Develop curriculum and learning assessment processes.
- Meet all administrative time lines and complete the submission of required documents and reports.
- Help students in registration, advisement and coursework.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Participate in professional development activities.
- As assigned or elected, serve on committees and coordinate the activities of program advisory committees.
- Participate in the College's promotional and community services activities and engage in activities that contribute to the College's efforts to recruit and retain students. (Faculty recognize that some recruitment and retention efforts are time sensitive and that faculty recruitment and retention efforts are most effective when conducted during these time sensitive periods).
- Sponsor or assist with student clubs or activities.
- Assist part-time faculty, instructional assistants and tutors in the faculty member's field of study.
- Perform such other related duties as the appropriate dean or the chief academic officer may assign for the good of the College.
- Contribute to external standards of performance such as accreditation and state mandates.
- Promote a professional educational environment by dressing in a manner appropriate to the teaching assignment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Educational Background:
- Candidates must possess an earned Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in Information Systems, Information Technology, or related field as appropriate to the program.
- Experience in computer software evaluation.
- Experience in either teaching in a higher education technical field or working as a programmer.
- Familiarity with Blackboard platforms and operations.
- Additional certifications preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, C++, Java, HTML, SQL, Visual Basic .NET, Cordova, and Mobile Apps.