Director of Insurance & Claims
Ga Tech's Business Services has an immediate opening for a Director of Insurance & Claims
Job Purpose: Provide consultation to the Office of Legal Affairs, Facilities and Academic Departments on various insurance and risk management matters, including, but not limited to insurance and indemnity contract language in license agreements, loan agreements and service agreements. Responsible for setting employee goals, assessing employee performance and providing feedback, and making pay recommendations.
- Provide Office of Legal Affairs and Georgia Tech Contract Officers with direction on appropriate insurance provisions for various Institute contracts and agreements.
- Provide direction and advice to Georgia Tech departments on all matters related to state insurance programs, including property, inland marine, fidelity, aviation, liability, etc.
- Provide risk management and insurance guidance to student organization- and department-sponsored campus events.
- Provide direction and support to the Property Control Department on policies, procedures and processes.
- Provide consultation to Georgia Tech Affiliates on all insurance related matters.
- Review and revise internal and external waiver and liability release forms to the benefit of Georgia Tech.
- Identify insurance coverage gaps for the Institute and make recommendations to procure them.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Additional Information: Successful candidate must be able to pass a background check which will include a credit check. Please visit http://www.policylibrary.gatech.edu/pre-employment-screening to obtain GT's background and credit policy.
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a regular basis with: Georgia Tech faculty, staff, students and the general public This position typically will advise and counsel: Georgia Tech faculty, staff, students and the general public This position will supervise: department staff.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work Experience: Five to seven years job related experience
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires advanced knowledge of risk management, insurance and the claims process. Great attention to detail and the ability to provide supervision and direction to a variety of people in the campus community are also required.
- Preferred Education: N/A
- Preferred Experience: Experience in Higher Education
- Preferred Certifications: CPCU, AIC, ARM or ARM-P
- Preferred Skills: N/A
How to Apply: Interested applicants should submit an application and resume at: www.careers.gatech.edu. Please search for requisition at: Director of Insurance & Claims or by requisition number 0176473. When applying, reference LinkedIn as the referral source.
The Georgia Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.