Adjunct Instructor in Civil Engineering
Valparaiso University (Valpo) is seeking a qualified instructor to teach a three-credit hour undergraduate civil-engineering course in Steel Design over a six-week period. The classes will be taught as a part of the joint-program established between Valpo and Dalian Jiaotong University (DJTU) in Dalian, Liaoning Province, China. The professor will join other Valpo faculty and will be supported by English-speaking DJTU staff who will manage all logistics. Textbooks have been selected and course syllabi have already been created and will be available to the instructor.
- Course Dates: June 12-July 21. Plan to leave U.S. June 8.
- Course: Steel Design
- Each course will consist of one section of 30-40 students.
- An English-speaking TA will be provided.
- Total instruction time for combined courses: 6 hours/week.
- Competitive Salary
- Round-trip airfare provided.
- Housing provided.
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- Fluency in oral and written English;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering;
- Knowledge of Chinese;
- International academic experience (instructor or student)
Submit an application letter, detailed resume (curriculum vita), statement of teaching interests, and three references at http://apply.interfolio.com/48977.
Review of applications will begin immediately.
Employment at Valparaiso University will require a satisfactory criminal background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Valparaiso University does not unlawfully discriminate and aims to employ persons of various backgrounds and experiences to develop and support a diverse community. Its entire EOE policy can be found at http://www.valpo.edu/general-counsel/policies/equal-opportunity-policy/.