Albion College invites applications for the position of AV Specialist. Reporting to the Director of Instructional Technology & Media Services, the Audio Visual (AV) Specialist manages AV support and services for athletic events as well as other areas of campus. The AV Specialist manages setup, maintenance, usage, service and inventory of athletic and classroom technology, audio visual equipment and other equipment. This position develops and provides one-on-one and small group training and technical support to coaches, faculty and staff in regard to audio visual equipment; assist coaches and faculty with classroom hardware and software problems. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload. This position must demonstrate cultural competence and a commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred. Current Information Technology-related certificate(s) may be accepted in lieu of degree
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience with the installation, use and troubleshooting educational audio and video equipment, including audio amplification systems, video cameras, digital projectors, scoreboards, and interactive whiteboards.
- Experience with some networking functions such as Active Directory, Group Policy, IP reservations and remote management solutions are preferred.
- Hardware and software troubleshooting skills to the operating system level
- Ability and temperament to work well with others, and to clearly instruct users on how to operate their equipment in language they will understand
Interested candidates should submit an online application including a cover letter, resume, names and contact information for three professional references through Interfolio (https://apply.interfolio.com/48981).
Please contact Ms. Robin Mohler (email@example.com), Director of Instructional Technology & Media Services, for questions about the position or search.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will be accepted until the position is filled.