Requisition # 2018-8488
Department Computer Science
Category Administrative Support
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Program Coordinator and Administrative Assistant
This position has two components. One is the coordination of a yearly Princeton AI4ALL summer camp. This program has been established to increase diversity and inclusion of underrepresented high school students in the field of artificial intelligence. We anticipate approx . 32 students rising 11th graders as participants. Coordinator will have oversight of all aspects of the program, other than curriculum development and teaching for 3 week program. Work closely with program directors AI4ALL staff and administrators in the university (catering, university legal team, residential services, technical staff). Serve as the point person for the program, ensuring that all operational needs are met. Program contact for parents. The other responsibilities of the position is Departmental Administrative Assistant working with several faculty and their research groups on travel and reimbursements and other administrative details.
- Review previous year (organize and debrief with program staff )and plan for next summer camp, market to target population, (plan and execute student outreach through email, social media, flyers, etc. contact locals high schools), assemble program budget and get sign-off from program director, reserve instruction rooms, breakout rooms, special event rooms, and student residences, launch/update website, create/update application from previous year.
- Oversight of application review process which includes recruiting and managing reviewers and consolidatingreviewer feedback and working with program director to finalize admission. Manage applicant/parent communications via email, phone, and mail. Establish methodology to accurately collect accepted program participant information (allergy information, emergency contact, deposits and payments )Recruit and hire (4) residential counselors
- Release admissions decisions. Manage financial aid. Communicate with program participants and families via email, phone, and mail (including: resolving student questions, sending reminders to program participants, collecting completed student forms, and sending a welcome email). Organize the operational needs of the program( e.g. arranging computer rentals, catering, transportation needs, scheduling guest speakers, identifying and scheduling field trips). Finalize schedule.
- Train staff. Serve as logistical touch point for guest speakers and field trip. Evaluate program. Resolve issues that come up during the program.
- Administrative Assistant duties:
- Work closely with several groups of faculty and their research teams which includes travel arrangements, expenditures and reporting in Concur, following university reimbursement policies and procedures. Reconcile monthly credit card transactions. Support colloquium series with preparation of guest visits, including travel arrangements and reimbursements. Departmental support for meetings and special projects, as needed.
Previous program coordination experience preferred and experience working with a diverse student population.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a broad array of people
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to set priorities and juggling competing demands and deadlines
- Tact, excellent judgment, and the ability to maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive situations
- Comfort with decision making and problem solving
- Particular attention to details and accuracy
- Experience with academic event planning (seminars, conferences, workshops)
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Filemaker Pro, University Business Systems such as Prime and Concur, Adobe Professional) and the ability and willingness to learn new systems quickly and use technology effectively.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.