Employee Fitness Center Assistant Manager
Under the direction of the Employee Wellness Coordinator and Fitness Center Manager, the Assistant Manager will provide leadership and supervision for the staff and membership of the Employee Fitness Center. As delegated by the EFC Manager, this may include all tasks associated with training, and managing staffing needs, supervising the daily operations while maintaining budgetary parameters, promoting membership, analyzing usage reports, overseeing the safety of staff and patrons, as well as safety, maintenance, and the purchase/replacement of fitness equipment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performs general office management and secretarial duties, including filing and scanning new fitness center member paperwork, payroll deductions, processing, generating and managing fitness center reports, addressing telephone & email inquiries, duplicating documents and other activities to assist fitness center team in preparing for and creating wellness incentive programs for members, completes data entry assignments, etc.
- Uses Microsoft Office Suite applications and Medicat appointment scheduling system
- Ensures general maintenance and repair needs for fitness center equipment, technology and other items necessary to ensure efficient fitness center operations.
- Assists manager with maintenance of budget data.
- Maintains files of required reports and safeguards confidential records.
- Maintains attendance records for staff and creates student work schedules. <- Delete since I'm the ADP approver and currently keep track of attendance and work with students on creating work schedule.
- Engages in other specialized activities relative to the office, wellness programs and off-campus events when necessary.
- Facilitates the day-to-day operation of the Employee Fitness Center while the manager is off-site.
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor's degree and 3 years experience, including at least two years supervisory experience.
Qualifications & Skills Desired:
- Demonstrable skills and experience in program planning, development management and evaluation.
- Strong leadership and excellent communication skills (including verbal and written).
- Strong interpersonal skills required to interface with other faculty, staff and student employees in a collaborative manner.
- Time management & organizational skills
- Strong command of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Ability to learn and develop a strong command of EFC Membership internal software systems
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- 2+ years of experience in health promotion/fitness center supervision, preferably in a corporate or university setting.
- CPR and First Aid Certification preferred but required within 30 days of employment.
- Group Exercise class recognized industry certification preferred.
- Personal Training industry certification (ACE, AFAA, NSCA, NASM, ACSM) preferred.
- Proficiency in fitness assessment, group exercise instruction and exercise prescription.
- Promote, implement and evaluate health education programs, events and online social media marketing based upon Employee Wellness needs & requests.
- Assist in coordinating group exercise schedule
- Ability to provide exercise prescriptions, health and fitness testing with proficiency to train student assistants