Director for Volunteer Training and Development
The Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) is seeking a strong Director for Volunteer Training and Development to manage the design, development, implementation, and evaluation of the Commission’s volunteer training and development plan in support of the MSCHE Strategic Plan and assessed member needs. This includes developing an annual suite of fee-based training and development opportunities for the membership.
The Commission’s volunteer training and development program is intended to prepare evaluators and institutions to engage in accreditation activities based on the Commission’s commitment to peer review, MSCHE’s standards for accreditation, processes used to accredit institutions, and roles and responsibilities of peer reviewers. The Director will educate the membership on selected topics determined to be of special interest while coordinating the use of varied modes of delivery to reach target audiences.
Instituting and maintaining a robust volunteer training and development program has been identified as a priority by the Commission and is especially important as MSCHE supports renewed accreditation standards and implements a new cycle of accreditation, along with a significantly more robust administrative database system and a completely redesigned web presence to support the Commission accreditation cycle and processes.
Major Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and continuous renewal of the Commission’s volunteer training and development plan that reflects the Commission’s priorities and assessed member needs.
- Consult and collaborate with current and prospective evaluators, other institutional representatives, and Commission staff to achieve a successful program.
- Facilitate the development of a diverse array of required training and optional accreditation-related, fee-based, professional development opportunities in line with the Commission’s strategic priorities, budgetary requirements, and the recommendations of subject matter experts (both internal and among the membership).
- Identify, examine, and recommend innovative and “best practices” in training and workshop development, implementation, and evaluation, particularly exploring those used by other accrediting and standards-based organizations.
- Facilitate the employment of a variety of training and workshop delivery modalities by identifying best practices in the field and working closely with other MSCHE Operations units.
- Collaborate with the MSCHE Research Unit to gather assessments and other feedback necessary to improve existing training and develop new member training and development opportunities.
- Perform other responsibilities and duties assigned as necessary to create and maintain a robust and member-responsive volunteer development program.
Qualified candidates will offer a master’s degree with at least two years of demonstrated experience designing and implementing training programs for employees or volunteers, within a nonprofit organization is preferred. Candidates should have three years of training or course design experience involving face-to-face and online modalities. The MSCHE is seeking individuals with strong communications skills, demonstrated experience setting and adhering to budget projections, and a record of increasing revenue for department or organization. Ideal candidates will offer experience in higher education and/or accreditation as well as experience using Litmos or similar volunteer learning management systems. The ability to travel outside of Philadelphia overnight is required.
This position offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits and work environment and is based in Philadelphia, PA. Green Card or Citizenship required for application. Visa sponsorship or H1-B transfer not currently available. The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.