Senior Advancement Officer
Description: The Senior Advancement Officer has primary responsibility for all aspects of annual giving and mid-level donor cultivation and solicitation, including the working with alumni, friends, trustees, students, parents and employees of the College.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, develop and implement a comprehensive annual giving program through direct mail, telemarketing, publications, virtual, and personal contact.
- Coordinate with the Annual Fund & Stewardship Manager to develop a telemarketing plan
- Develop a plan for visiting and soliciting mid-level donor prospects (those capable of giving $5,000 or more annually) across New York State and the United States.
- Cultivate and solicit alumni, friends, trustees, students, parents and employees of the College.
- Responsible for the development and administration of gift clubs, and working with the Alumni Relations Manager, developing a class representative/class agent strategy.
- Responsible for the development and administration of the College’s online giving program.
- Track and report results of various fundraising initiatives.
- Assist the Office of College Advancement in the implementation and administration of other fundraising and alumni projects.
- Handle special annual giving projects as they develop.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Five years of fundraising experience, preferably in a higher education setting.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent computer and data management skills; experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus.
- Must ensure timely implementation of fundraising projects.
- Must be able to travel outside of the area as much as 30% of the time.
Applicants may submit a letter of intent, resume and contact information for three professional references. Electronic submissions are strongly encouraged and should be sent in Pdf or Microsoft Word™ format to: email@example.com
Mailing address: Human Resources, Paul Smith’s College, PO Box 265, Paul Smiths, NY 12970.
Faxed to: (518) 327-6161.
Paul Smith’s College values diversity in the College community and seeks to assure equal
opportunity through its continued Affirmative Action program. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V