Invitation to Apply:
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions at William Paterson University seeks a talented, customer service centered, enthusiastic individual to serve as an Admissions Counselor.
William Paterson University is the third most diverse public university in New Jersey. As a longstanding member of the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU), we have been designated by the US Department of Education as a Hispanic-Serving Institution. The University offers more than 250 undergraduate and graduate academic programs that range from liberal arts and sciences to pre-professional and professional programs; it enrolls nearly 11,000 students from across the country and from over 40 nations. The University is situated on a beautiful, 370-acre suburban campus in Wayne, New Jersey, just twenty miles west of New York City.
Opportunities to Contribute:To the development of a comprehensive recruitment and engagement planning to identify and enroll ideal fit, academically committed and distinctly talented students.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages assigned recruitment territories in order to reach recruitment goals.
- Travels to high schools, college fairs and community based organizations or businesses in order to recruit students.
- Conducts Admission and Financial Aid presentations.
- Maintains flexible office hours during which time he/she is available to interview students, review applications, evaluate pertinent documentation and make admission decisions on assigned student applications.
- Maintains contact with applicants utilizing all available communication tools to ensure completion of the application and to increase yield of accepted students.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with high school stake holders (guidance counselors and administrators) and community-based organizations.
- Assists in all on-campus recruiting events.
- Works independently to arrange information sessions, set appointments and promote the University in a positive manner.
- Utilizes phone, email, and mail to communicate with prospective students, their families, and school counselors in a timely manner, providing superior student service.
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of one (1) year related experience in college admissions, higher education, or school counseling is required.
- Strong customer service, written and verbal communication skills.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Facilitates group presentations
- Ability to interpret Admissions guidelines and policies
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
- Possess a valid driver's license for work related travel.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of Ellucian's Banner student information system.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Familiarity in the use of social media platforms.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Supports student success
- Thinks innovatively
- Fosters strong customer relations
- Possess working knowledge and understanding of social media platforms
- Decision making
Invitation to apply:
Please click to Apply for the position.
Interested candidates will be prompted to:
Complete an application
Submit a cover letter and resume or CV
Provide names/contacts of three professional references.
Submission of all documents listed above is required for consideration.
If you have any general questions related to this search please email [email protected]William Paterson University is an equal opportunity employer that actively values and supports diversity among faculty, staff and students. Women, minorities, and members of under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.