Coordinator, Online Learning
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Coordinator, Online Learning position. The Coordinator of Online Learning supports activities related to the development and delivery of quality online courses and innovative multimedia/instructional material development and training. Responsibilities include providing assistance to Online Learning students, consulting with faculty regarding course development and accessibility, and applying policies and procedures for the seamless operation of Online Learning programs. This position will require occasional weekend and evening hours.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree required. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• Three (3) years' of relevant work experience in the coordination of education academic technology projects required.
• Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends required.
• Ability to work in a multi-tasking environment required.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills required.
• Must be detail oriented with strong interpersonal, procedural, and implementation skills required.
• Ability to collaborate with others required.
• Ability to work independently and take initiative required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Previous experience supporting online learning programs within higher education preferred.
• Previous experience providing technical support to faculty and students in the use of online learning technologies (i.e. Learning Management Systems, mobile devices, Microsoft Office, web conference tools, authoring tools, web technologies, and social media tools) preferred.
• Previous experience using an LMS and media production preferred.
• Previous experience with accessibility technologies and understanding of ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) preferred.