Administrative Assistant, Western Colorado MSW Program
The Western Colorado MSW Program is seeking an Administrative Assistant to work in their Glenwood Springs office. This is a part time administrative assistant position designed to support the Western Colorado distance education program in social work. The position will provide secretarial, technical and educational support to the Program Director, the Assistant to the Program Director, Faculty and Field Liaisons.
This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- Create and maintain currency of data bases including those for professional contacts, students, field agencies, field instructors, adjunct faculty, advisory committees.
- Produce directories and coordinate mass mailings utilizing current data base information.
- Provide phone coverage and reception duties during assigned office hours.
- Inventory and order office supplies as needed.
- Respond to information requests from the Denver office (mailing lists, book lists, etc.)
- Track and record expense records, submit reimbursement requests.
- Assist in ordering books for each quarter.
- Maintain office equipment.
- Assist in meeting, training, conference planning and implementation; schedule venues, coordinate food and supplies; track expenses; produce and distribute promotional materials, track registrations and RSVPs.
- Create and maintain currency of forms related to the functioning of the program.
- Create and maintain a shared drive of all current data bases and forms for access by and use of the staff.
- Create and maintain up to date office procedures.
- Maintain up to date class, office activities and Program Director schedules.
- Assist in technology needs of academic program.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work independently.
- Organizational skills in developing and managing projects and education functions.
- Ability to understand FERPA and confidentiality laws.
- Demonstrates cultural sensitivity and ability to relate to diverse groups.
- Ability to analyze data and create reports.
- Excellent writing, typing and oral communication skills.
- AA degree
- Minimum two years of experience with computerized data management systems and application to office functions (mailing, tracking, reporting).
- Minimum two years of experience in PowerPoint, Excel (calculation, data collection and forms production) and formatting of Microsoft Word documents (mailings, flyers, marketing materials).
- Bachelor's degree
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by February 22, 2018. Position will remain open until filled.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.