Business Analyst, CRM 494841
Business Analyst, CRM 494841
Position Type: Staff
Position Number: 494841
Department: Enterprise Services Dept
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Lamar University Information Technology - Enterprise Services team is accepting applications for a Sr. Business Analyst position responsible for providing user support, system maintenance and administration of the university's Ellucian Customer Relationship Management (CRM) environment.
The Enterprise Services-Information Technology Services team is responsible for supporting a variety of third party interfaces/integrations, reporting applications, and databases which include the Ellucian CRM, Ellucian Banner, Ellucian Operational Data Store (ODS), Evisions applications (Argos, FormFusion and Intellecheck), Banner Document Management System (BDMS), Touchnet, and other third-party applications and databases. This position will focus on providing user support, consultation, analysis and design of effective solutions to meet business requirements in the Ellucian CRM environment.
The candidate will be expected to work on assignments under general direction of the Technical Applications Manager, providing application support of enterprise systems consisting primarily of the Ellucian CRM, Touchnet, Banner Event Publisher, Banner - Recruiter Integration Manager, Banner Document Management System, and Oracle-based Banner ERP system. The position will also provide troubleshooting and technical support for all ancillary applications associated with Ellucian CRM system.
We look for motivated individuals with a demonstrated aptitude for technology, a customer service mentality and the willingness and ability to learn new tools and technologies. The successful candidate will support the mission of Information Technology and Lamar University by providing high quality, professional IT services and timely response and solutions to customer requests.
The position will be responsible for the reporting of complex design solutions and the facilitation of the CRM extension across the university. This position is expected to provide analysis, consultation, documentation and serve as the primary technical contact in the daily operations, maintenance and administration of the Ellucian CRM software solution. This is accomplished by gathering and assessing information to define requirements, developing procedures, developing test plans, creating reports, querying data, and attending meetings. Other duties include attending conferences, seminars and training sessions, assisting with the development and implementation of ancillary applications. This position requires occasional after hours and/or weekend support of operations.
Sr. Business Analyst:
• Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university and at least three years of related experience or at least ten years of directly related experience will be considered
• Capability to perform in a dynamic and team-oriented environment is essential
• SQL programming skills are required
• Experience with researching, documenting and testing patches and upgrades for the university’s administrative applications is required.
Strong problem solving skills
• Proven time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks, communicate project status and provide leadership and direction for assigned initiatives
• Ability to work with functional business units and coordinate technological solutions to meet business needs
• Strong desktop automation skills including effective use of e-mail, word processors, spreadsheets and the ability to use tools in conjunction with databases
• Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, vendors and the public are required.
• Strong written, oral and organizational skills
• Experience with Oracle database structure
• A strong ability to generate ad-hoc SQL reports against a range of relational databases
• Strong functional knowledge of the Banner ERP System in the Recruitment and Admissions modules is required
• Experience working with Ellucian Action Line on reported issues
• Experience with Evisions Argos reporting solution
• Experience with Banner system patches and upgrades
• Experience with Operational Data Store (ODS) reporting
• Experience with the Banner Document Management Suite (BDMS)
• Experience with Applications Manager
• Experience with Touchnet integration setup
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics
• Working knowledge of any programming/query language such as, but not limited to, MySQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL, C, Shell Script, etc.
Security Sensitive Statement:
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
Posting Date: 02/14/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
To apply, visit https://jobs.lamar.edu/.
Lamar University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Lamar University not to discriminate on the basis of non-relevant criteria including, but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status in its educational programs, activities, admissions or employment practices.