Writer - Marketing & Communications
The Department of Marketing and Communications is seeking to hire a Writer to join their team. The Writers are responsible for content written across all University of Denver Marketing and Communications owned platforms (news.du.edu; du.edu; The Bridge newsletter; The University of Denver Magazine; scripts for videos; email marketing; etc.). This position requires an excellent storyteller who is comfortable writing in a variety of tones to appeal to our various audiences from prospective student to faculty to alumni and donors. This position is responsible for writing and editing content written in alignment with style, tone and brand guidelines.
- Research, plan and write inspiring, informative, engaging and audience-relevant content for DU owned channels including print and digital.
- Coordinate with internal team members on a wide variety of University initiatives and integrative projects.
- Use dashboard analytics to measure effectiveness of content through engagement and conversions.
- Consult with MARCOMM leadership on voice, tone and style of content.
- Generate creative storytelling ideas and also lead execution of these ideas.
- Research plan and write content on deadline.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, detail-driven environment.
- Work with multiple departments across campus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Work collaboratively and enthusiastically with others to achieve organizational goals.
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Must be familiar with AP Stylebook guidelines.
- Excellent storytelling skills, impeccable grammar, and ability write for a variety of digital and print channels including script-writing for video.
- Demonstrated success in writing personalized content for various audiences with a demonstrated ability to interpret content/style and brand guidelines.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Solid competency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
- Experience working in a beat structure a plus.
- Experience working in a higher education field a plus.
- Research writing a plus.
- Bachelors degree or higher in English, Creative Writing, Journalism or related field.
- 2+ years of professional experience writing content across a variety of digital and print channels.
- Experience working in a beat structure.
- Experience working in a higher education field.
- Research writing.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00pm on Wednesday, February 28, 2018. Position will remain open until filled.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.