Art Director - Division of Communications & Marketing
This position reports to the Director of Creative Services and will lend his/her considerable experience and energy towards creative art direction and design for all creative services work. This work encompasses all types of traditional and digital media as well as related workflows and processes. The Art Director reflects and actively supports the University of Denver's vision, values, mission and goals, as well as the strategic goals of University Marketing and Communications. The Art Director is strategic in helping lead Creative Services' design and is responsible for working alongside the Creative Director to set the tone for marketing and communications campaigns, to oversee visual development and bring stakeholder's creative vision to life. Concepts are strategic, thoughtful and push the boundaries while maintaining the University of Denver's brand standards.
Leadership - This position has responsibilities in mentoring and directing the graphic designer(s) and other creative staff that they work with to add efficiency and design depth to the department, remain knowledgeable and hands-on in their assigned projects, and communicate to leadership about emerging trends that can help raise the bar on design output and grow/maintain the group's reputation for quality.
Client Management - In collaboration with Project Managers and the Director of Creative Services, the Art Director is a contact for clients. They must have excellent communication skills and be able to present work, ideas, information, and suggestions in a way that influences others to listen and consider alternative forms of accomplishing goals and objectives. The Art Director must be confident and comfortable in their own design decisions to present and discuss work with the Creative Director and internal teams.
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of relevant education and work experience, or equivalent training and certification in military setting;
- Demonstrated career success, with supporting design portfolio;
- 7 years minimum experience in graphic design with at least 4 years client relations experience managing art, creative and working with multiple clients with different needs simultaneously;
- Ability to communicate clearly in oral and written form.
- Production management (or experience working with outside vendors);
- Previous supervisory experience.
Please submit your application materials by 4:00pm on Monday, March 12, 2018.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.