Recruiter, Employer Relations
Recruiter, Employer Relations
University of San Francisco
Under the general supervision and direction of the Director of External Engagement, the Recruiter of Employer Relations will advise and educate students on career-related matters by developing relationships that support the unique needs of their career search strategies. In an effort to maximize career outcomes for all of our students, this position will focus on employer partnerships in regions and industries that align with their career interests. In addition, this position will provide support in the data collection and management process.
The Recruiter will advise School of Management (SOM) graduate students on the complete range of career planning and job search issues, which includes research and development of job search strategies for students who are using their graduate degree to achieve domestic and international career goals by facilitating a change in geographic location or industry/functional focus.
Business Development (80%)
• Develops recruiting relationships with organizations in the SF Bay Area, nationally and key international locations.
• Works with employers to facilitate recruiting and develop employer contacts locally and globally through development visits.
• Identifies local partners offering projects, jobs and intern roles that align with our student’s interests.
• Develop a prospect list within targeted companies and industries to align with school’s goals
• Work with students to link to contacts in particular industries through alumni contacts and relationships. Assist with bringing recruiters to campus and company visits.
• Advises students seeking opportunities in and outside of their home country on the job search and overall career planning process, particularly in regard to self-assessment for opportunities and networking.
• Identifies emerging trends and content relevant to students and their domestic/international job search.
• Develops and maintains information for website that contributes to our Career Management Portal. Maintain CRM database with external contacts and notes.
• Work with team on all events, orientation, and professional development through graduation.
• Address cross-cultural, verbal and writing challenges through creative programming and referrals.
• Works with external coaches in providing additional guidance on career objectives
Data and Metrics (20%)
• Works as a team with the Director and Operations Manager to develop and maintain a reporting mechanism for graduate employment surveys & statistics, internships and employment outcomes. Communicate information regarding career trends and job opportunities to students and alumni in a timely, effective manner. Share success stories and testimonials as appropriate for publication and recruitment.
• Assist with the data collection process including survey design and reporting standards for rankings.
• Evaluate information collected for internal/external publication as well as career program planning.
BS or BA degree required. Graduate degree preferred. Three or more years’ experience in managing/supporting recruitment programs at a university or college with proven results in recruitment and yield initiatives.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree strongly preferred.
• 5 plus years of related experience that includes recruiting, career services and corporate/external relations.
• A strong desire to work with students is critical as well as the demonstrated ability to develop external partnerships with target employers and organizations.
• Knowledge of business and academic environments and how the two interrelate.
• Significant recruiting, career management external relations work and/or travel experience highly desirable.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Experience with Salesforce, Handshake, and Banner a plus.
• Advance skills in Microsoft Office.
For information on how to apply, please visit the following link: www.usfjobs.com
The University of San Francisco is an equal opportunity institution of higher education. As a matter of policy, the University does not discriminate in employment, educational services and academic programs on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age (except minors), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related and genetic-related) and disability, and the other bases prohibited by law. The University reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities under the law.