Research Programs Manager
The Research Programs Manager will report to the Chair of the Hunter College Psychology Department. In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, typical duties may include, but not limited to:
- Develop departmental policy with regard to assessment, and be responsible for the collection, analysis, and interpretation of assessment data
- Implement policies and procedures to ensure quality assurance and adjunct faculty development, maintain records of adjunct faculty performance and
- Oversee research facilities and faculty laboratory renovations
- Manage aspects of departmental budget and procurement
- Evaluate and analyze departmental research data and assist in report generation
- Oversee research and support staff
- Assist in technical development of faculty research capabilities. This may include statistical, logistical or instrumentation support.
- Work with other departmental staff for course scheduling and staffing
Bachelor's degree and six years' related experience required.
Ph.D. or equivalent degree in Psychology or related field is preferred. Knowledge of the overall field of Psychology is essential.
Experience working with research-related policies of the Institutional Research Board (IRB) and Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) and the FOCIS financial system is also desirable.
Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and facilitation skills, including solid writing and oral communication skills Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
Detail-oriented with the ability to manage several tasks simultaneously, exhibit independent initiative and good judgment, and work collaboratively with students, faculty and administrators, meet time-sensitive deadlines, and work in a precise and accurate manner.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages College research programs and provides support for related compliance activities.
- Administers various aspects of research programs including submission reviews, compliance education, and project protocols
- Provides administrative support and guidance to researchers and administrators with regards to applicable federal, state, local, University, and College regulations, laws, and policies
- Ensures investigators and key personnel complete required training
- Delivers or oversees educational training on research and related activities such as research subject rules and protocols, research compliance and integrity, etc.
- Monitors research subject care and use to ensure safety measures are met
- Serves as primary contact with other College departments and external organizations on research program needs and activities
- Collects information on, monitors, and reports on the advancement and completion of research projects and compliance
- May administer grant funds, prepare proposals, and research potential funding sources
- May manage program administrative and clerical staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your resume/curriculum vitae and cover letter (please include a description of your familiarity with the larger field of Psychology) with names and contact information of 3 professional references available to attach into the application before you begin. Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
In addition, please have your references email their letters directly to: email@example.com
Due to the high volume of incoming applicants, we may not be able to provide status updates.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin February 21, 2018.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
Job Title: Research Programs Manager (Psychology)
Job ID: 18207
Location: Hunter College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.