This position reports to the Chair of the Mathematics & Statistics Department.
The Administrative Coordinator will assist the Chair of the Department of Mathematics & Statistics in administration of department functions, procedures, records, payroll, budgets, expenditures, requests and orders of support and supplies. In additional to the CUNY Title Overview, typical duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and maintain efficient office procedures and methods. Serve as liaison to the Chair.
- Produce and distributes key, complex management documents and reports with a high degree of accuracy, especially with regards to personnel-related matters, scheduling, and budget projections and allocations.
- Administer special projects, events, and efforts to improve unit effectiveness.
- Supervise and coordinate the duties of clerical and part-time personnel such as office assistants and student aids.
Bachelor's Degree required.
- Strong understanding of file folders, file structure, and file organization. Demonstrated ability to apply a sound knowledge of best practices related management of records, including preservation and protection
- Experience utilizing electronic databases and basic experience with MS Access, MS Visio, Adobe Acrobat (create PDF forms and templates), MS Word, MS Excel (charts & graphs), and MS Outlook
- Strong analytical, evaluative, and research skills
- High degree of professionalism and personal integrity to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team setting with diverse staff of all levels
- Detail oriented, self-directed, motivated, and proactive
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supports projects, initiatives, and activities that impact an academic or administrative department.
- Manages basic office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans, staff assignments, and distributing information.
- Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s); maintains department archives and collections.
- Conducts internet and/or database research and performs basic systems queries to locate information related to department activities.
- Maintains department fiscal plans and budgets; assists in budget administration and invoice processing.
- Provides basic information, instructions, and materials as requested by students, faculty, and others who contact the department.
- May supervise office staff and student workers.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Administrative Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Commensurate with qualification and experience, within the range ($39,282 - $62,949).
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information. Please have your resume and cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin February 22, 2018.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator (Mathematics & Statistics)
Job ID: 18238
Location: Hunter College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.