Grants Accounting Specialist
This position performs specialized duties in support of university grant accounting functions.
- Reconciles grant accounts.
- Prepares and processes grant billing.
- Prepares and amends grant budgets.
- Provides ledger history reports to end users.
- Maintains phone bill journal.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Knowledge of grant accounting principles.
- Knowledge of university policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of computers and job related software programs.
- Knowledge of Board of Regents policies and procedures.
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in the completion of a variety of reports.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
The Grants and Contracts Coordinator assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include Board of Regents policies and procedures, grant guidelines, and university and department policies and procedures. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
- The work consists of related specialized duties. Strict regulations and the need for accuracy contribute to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to provide specialized support for university grant accounting functions. Success in this position contributes to the compliance with grant requirements.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, granting agents, auditors, and members of the general public.
- Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, or to provide services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing, or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts light objects.
- The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
- Associates degree required.
- More than two years of related experience required.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.