Director of Health and Wellness Education
The Director of Health and Wellness Education will create and sustain campus-wide health promotion practices and education to create an environment that supports student success and personal development. In collaboration with campus constituents, the Director will work to reduce high-risk behaviors within a holistic model of wellness education and promotion; respond to individual reports of health-related concerns; and develop and deliver education and training on topics including healthy sexual-decision-making; sexual awareness; alcohol, tobacco and other substance use and abuse; and contribute to College efforts in support of mental and physical health and wellbeing. In addition, the Director will select, train and supervise student Peer Health Educators.
- Utilizing evidence based research, develop, implement, and evaluate innovative education, trainings, programs and events part of a comprehensive health promotion, with a particular attention paid to alcohol and other drugs, mental health concerns, stress management, and mindfulness.
- Select, train and supervise the student Peer Health Educators. Ensures the implementation of programming, in-services and trainings on AOD, sexual health, bystander intervention, harm-reduction, mindfulness and other related issues.
- Incorporate intercultural competency skills, diversity and social justice concepts and principles into health promotion and prevention efforts with a focus on inclusive practice. ?
- Coordinate the Wellness Committee and oversee all campus-wide activities the committee creates.
- Collaborate with the Dean of Student Affairs Office to create a comprehensive and holistic new student orientation program.
- Continually assess student needs and review/update educational materials/brochures to determine their suitability for use with specific groups. Create and disseminate marketing materials using a range of instructional media. Maintain, post, and disseminate timely healthy and appropriate decision making content on various social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc).
- Serve as a resource to the Dean of Student Affairs staff in supporting and educating students who struggle with alcohol and other drugs.
- Develop campus-wide goals and collaborate with institutional research to measure effectiveness on an annual basis.
- Develop and maintain an interactive and engaging wellness website.
- Serve as a campus resource for faculty, students and staff on health and wellness related initiatives.
- Master's degree in Health Education/Promotion, Public Health, College Student Development, or other related field.
- Demonstrated experience in alcohol and other drug prevention initiatives and other health and wellness issues relevant to a college population.
- Training and experience as a BASICS provider preferred.
- Knowledge of current evidence-based health promotion practices and theories.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse student body, including an understanding of health/wellness issues of across cultures and identities with undergraduate and graduate students.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated technological competence in Microsoft Office.
- Presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to identify and leverage community resources and funding opportunities preferred.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and the names of three references through Interfolio.com at: http://apply.interfolio.com/48956
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity.