Cosumnes River College
Job Posting Number: F00345P
Salary: $49,505 to $82,075 annually. Additional earnings may be available for summer, overloads, and stipends.
Closing Date: 03/14/2018
Complete job description and application available online at: https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/6471
The faculty member shall be responsible for the following: providing counseling service and/or teaching assigned classes under the supervision of the area dean; helping students fulfill their maximum potential in mastering course content; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining a thorough and up-to-date knowledge in their regular teaching field; continuing professional development; utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position; assisting with articulation and curriculum development and review; serving on college committees and participating in faculty governance including accreditation and student co-curricular activities; assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the area dean; fulfilling other duties and responsibilities of a full-time faculty member as outlined in the college faculty handbook.
Applicants interested in applying to this position may also be interested in applying to the Counselor position at Folsom Lake College, posting #F00335P.
The counseling assignment may include, but is not limited to:
● Counseling academically and/or economically disadvantaged students.
● Providing crisis intervention and personal counseling.
● Assisting with career exploration and decision making regarding transfer.
● Overseeing outreach activities.
● Having knowledge regarding trends and challenges facing community college students.
● Counseling designed to support student retention and success.
Professional responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
● Providing individual and group counseling to assist students in making decisions regarding associate’s degree, certificate programs, transfer, and occupational/career goals.
● Participating in the planning and implementation of the Student Success Plan activities, including counseling, developing Student Education Plan (iSEPs), facilitating course planning, follow-up, and support student success programs as directed.
● Studying the needs, interests, abilities, achievements, and aptitudes of students; making recommendations to assist the college in fulfilling its obligation to students consistent with the Student Success and Support Program (SSSP) Plan.
● Developing and maintaining collaborative working relationships with instructional areas, outreach centers, feeder high schools, neighboring colleges, and community resource agencies; foster effective high school/college relations.
● Preparing and maintaining counseling records using current technology, relaying pertinent information to college personnel as needed, and respecting the confidentiality of such records as required by law.
● Assisting students in exploring careers using current technology, in developing an understanding of the employment environment, and in making and implementing career decisions.
● Assisting students in exploring four-year college transfer options, in understanding transfer agreements and transfer degrees, and in making sound decisions related to transferring.
● Administering assessments and inventories/career tests to groups or individual students and interpreting the results.
● Providing counseling for issues impacting retention, persistence and academic success, and referring students to resources as appropriate and necessary.
● Assuming other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The assignment may include day, evening, online, hybrid, weekend, and/or off campus work and/or hours.
Work Year 174 days
Total Hrs per Week/Day 7.5 hours per day
1. Have a master’s degree from an accredited institution, completed by July 2, 2018, in Counseling, Rehabilitation Counseling, Clinical Psychology, Counseling Psychology, Guidance Counseling, Educational Counseling, Social Work, Career Development, Marriage and Family Therapy, or Marriage, Family, and Child Counseling; OR have a bachelor’s degree in one of the degrees listed above, AND a license as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT); OR, hold a California Community College Instructor’s Credential in the discipline area; OR, the equivalent.*
2. Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
*Note: Applicants applying under the “equivalent” provision must attach details and explain how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degrees listed above.
Applicants applying to this Los Rios Community College District Faculty position are REQUIRED to complete fully and submit:
1. The Los Rios Community College District Faculty Application
2. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (“graduate advising documents and grade reports” will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts). NOTE: Los Rios employees are also required to submit unofficial copies of transcripts.
3. Resume or Curriculum Vitae
4. Two letters of recommendation
5. Letter of Interest
6. Marriage and Family Therapist License (if applicable)
Note: Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified. Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified. Also individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents. A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.