History (Food) Faculty, Part-Time
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions.
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking qualified applicants for part-time faculty positions in History for the 2018-2019 academic year.
• Teach Food History, a history course targeted at students in the College's Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management program, but open to all.
• Demonstrate a sense of connection and responsibility for helping the College to achieve success through a commitment to its mission, vision, and values.
• Actively participate in the academic life of the College.
• Communicate effectively, share vision, focus on people, initiate positive change, value differences and foster collaboration. Work with and inspire others to achieve college, department, and individual success. Proactively identify/address problems.
• Establish an inclusive environment in the classroom.
• Participation in continual assessment and course updates to ensure excellence in meeting program and student learning outcomes.
• Strive for excellence in teaching, applying best practices in field of discipline, and modeling behaviors that encourage student success and retention.
• Commitment to professional learning and growth, student mentoring, and service to the profession.
Special Instructions to Applicants
• Interested candidates should complete an online application.
• Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED.
• Name and contact information for three (3) professional references REQUIRED.
• Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S.
• Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law.
Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally under-represented groups. AA/EOE.
• Qualified applicants must have a Master's Degree in History or a related Social Sciences or Humanities discipline with graduate-level coursework in History.
• Research experience or coursework at the graduate level related to foodways, food culture, food or culinary history, or a related topic.
• Experience teaching history at the college level.
• Experience teaching and/or designing online classes.