Assistant Professor of Management
Edgewood College’s School of Business (ECSB) invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position in the Department of Management at the Assistant Professor level beginning Fall 2018.
The position of Assistant Professor of Management fulfills critical instructional and service needs for the ECSB. The position will teach in the traditional undergraduate, accelerated undergraduate, and graduate programs as assigned by the Department Chair and Dean. It is required that the faculty be able and have desire to teach a variety of topics in the areas of management, organization development, organization behavior, business capstone, entrepreneurship and qualitative and/or quantitative research methodology. Teaching will take place on the ground, hybrid and online settings.
The incumbent will be expected to teach full time (24 credit hours in an academic year) and will contribute to the School of Business and Edgewood College through service work as needed. Service commitments may include administrative assignments and/or committee participation. Scholarship is required to remain current in the field.
ECSB offers traditional undergraduate, accelerated undergraduate, and graduate programs, including a Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Business Administration in Health Systems Leadership (MBA-HSL), Master of Science in Accountancy (MSA), and Master of Science in Organization Development (MSOD). Our MBA and MSA degree programs are offered in the traditional face-to-face format as well as online. The MSOD degree program is offered in an online format, while the MBA-HSL content courses are primarily face-to-face.
- Teach full-time within the School of Business (24 credit hours per academic year) while demonstrating excellence, innovation, rigor, and fairness in teaching.
- Mentor current and new Management concentration students as needed in coordination with the advising staff.
- Faculty Recruitment – Provide support to Management Department Chair in search process for vacant full-time faculty positions (tenure and non-tenure track).
- Assist the Management Department Chair with orienting, evaluating, managing and communicating with full-time and adjunct marketing faculty.
- Provide support to the Management Department Chair in designing and developing appropriate and relevant management curriculum (undergraduate, graduate, and RAAD) and annually review the curriculum for improvement opportunities.
- Assist the Management Department Chair in developing online and hybrid courses in the undergraduate and graduate Management program.
- Assess student learning objectives, goals, and outcomes for undergraduate and graduate marketing courses taught in consultation with Management Department Chair and School of Business’ Assessment Coordinator.
- Assist the Management Department Chair and School of Business Dean’s Office in scheduling classes, timetable generation, and catalogue revisions to reflect the goals of the marketing department.
- Advise the School of Business’ Internship Coordinator on the needs and requirements of management students.
- Serve on Department, School, and College level committees.
- Participate in Edgewood College events, committees, and activities to demonstrate the School of Business’ engagement in the College.
- Engage in the greater Madison community through public service, which may include student learning projects with for-profit and nonprofit organizations.
- Demonstrate service leadership to the academy in one’s discipline (i.e., academic journal reviewer, editorial board member, or editor; academic conference proceedings reviewer, discussant, session chair, track chair, or chair; etc.).
- Publish quality research articles in peer-reviewed academic journals, practitioner journals, and academic conference proceedings in Management and Business disciplines and other business related disciplines.
- Must maintain an active research agenda in the academic management discipline and closely related business disciplines.
Necessary Education or Work Experience:
- Must hold a Ph.D. or D.B.A. in Management or closely related field (AACSB accredited university preferred).
Edgewood College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence — the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values — truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Applications must contain a substantive cover letter that specifically address how the candidate’s experiences match the job position’s responsibilities, required qualifications, and desired qualifications. A complete application packet must also include a recent curriculum vitae/resume, a list of five references with full contact information, three letters of support from references that clearly communicate why the job applicant is an excellent candidate for the position, and copies of all undergraduate and graduate transcripts. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. For fullest consideration, applicant materials should be received by no later than Wednesday, February 28, 2018. Incomplete application packets will not be considered. Send your completed application packet to:
Human Resources – APMN
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
E-mail: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer