Part-Time Electro-Mechanical Technology Corporate Trainer
Job ID 601789
Location Green Bay
Department: Corporate Training & Economic Development
Position #: 05100001
NWTC is seeking a part-time instructor/trainer for a 16-week contract training project starting March 2018-June 2018. This part-time Instructor will be an integral part of the College's staff, helping us provide project management of a cohort of learners as well as deliver the highest quality learning experience possible in delivering existing course materials.
The successful candidate will also be considered for future training opportunities when the need arises.
LOCATION: Green Bay, WI
HOURS: 37 hours / week for 16 weeks, Mon-Fri 3p-9:30p, Sat 7:30am-12pm, March 2018-June 2018
SALARY: $39.00 per hour
POSITION REPORTS TO: Manager, Corporate Training & Economic Development
Required online application available on website: www.nwtc.edu/jobs
E-mail address: [email protected]
Location: Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, Human Resources, 2740 West Mason Street, Green Bay, WI 54307-9042. All postings are considered current and available until removed from the website.
This position is customer-focused and will require flexible scheduling and/or delivery to meet customer needs.
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College is committed to promoting a learning environment where employees and students of differing perspectives and cultural backgrounds pursue career and academic goals embraced in an environment of respect and shared inquiry.
The College is seeking to attract ethnically diverse instructors and staff who can inspire our increasingly diverse student population.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
NWTC is seeking an experienced Electro-Mechanical Technology subject matter expert to deliver established industrial maintenance curricula to a cohort of learners March-June 2018. Responsibilities include:
- Providing and facilitating learning for a cohort by delivering existing NWTC industrial maintenance curricula
- Project management of the cohort, working with NWTC instructors to create a schedule for successful completion
- Plan, prepare, and execute training strategies by facilitating classes, providing technical assistance, and/or individual coaching.
- Work collaboratively with NWTC instructors and employers to ensure the curriculum and learning outcomes prepare employees/students for success at work.
- Determine the appropriate tools, techniques, methodologies and timing of improvement activities to meet business objectives.
- Manage classroom and shop/lab to ensure a productive and safe learning environment.
- Work closely with NWTC educators and business leadership to develop key performance measurements.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills, teamwork, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks while remaining customer-focused
- Ability to work independently, remain flexible in a fast-paced environment, and handle customer issues in a timely manner.
- Maintain Faculty Quality Assurance System requirements, which includes the completion of competency-based professional development.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Electro-Mechanical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and five years direct occupational experience preferred.At minimum, an Associate degree in Electro-Mechanical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Technology or related field and five years of related work experience may be considered.
- At a minimum, occupational experience has to have occurred at least two years within the last five years.
- Must hold a valid driver's license and be insurable under the District's standard insurance policy terms.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Competency in adult-focused learning.
All application materials are only accepted online: resumes, cover letters, transcripts, etc., must be attached to the application at the time of submission. You are unable to go back after an application is submitted to add, delete or change any information, other than address, phone number, and e-mail.
NWTC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classes.