Job ID: 13565
Position # 00007585
This is a Psychiatry & Health Behavior faculty position that will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Provide residential care to patients at Bluff Plantation
- Provide OP, IOP &PHP care to patients at Georgia Detox and Recovery Centers
- Participate in other clinical activities at those facilities as necessary
- Participate in faculty call at Bluff Plantation and GDRC
- Provide on call coverage at AUMC 4 weekends a year, 1 holiday a year & 2 weeknights on call a month
- Supervise/instruct medical students, residents & fellows on clinical rotations at Bluff Plantation and Georgia Detox and Recovery Centers
- Participate in didactics for medical students, residents & fellows
- Bedside teaching of medical students, residents & fellows
- Participate in creation/organization of new learning materials
- MD, DO, MBBS degree
- General Psychiatry Residency
- Addiction Medicine Fellowship
- Georgia Physicians License
Desirable Qualifications: Experience treating patients in outpatient, inpatient and residential settings
How To Apply
To be considered an applicant for this position your must apply online at http://www.augusta.edu/hr/jobs/faculty.
Please upload your Curriculum Vitae, Research Statement, Professional References, etc., as one document.
Conditions of Employment
All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review. For specific positions, the final candidate may be subject to a (pre-employment) physical, drug screen, and/or credit check.
The final candidate will be required to provide proof of completed academic degree in the form of an original transcript. Those candidates trained by a foreign institution will also be required to provide an educational/credential evaluation.
This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Augusta University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. Also, Augusta University is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.