Duties: Reporting to the Directors, manage all administrative activities of the Center for Media, Inequality & Change (MIC), and serve as the program facilitator for the Consortium on Media Policy Studies (COMPASS) Summer Fellowship Program.
Serve as staff administrator for the MIC Center:
* Establish structure, workflow, logistics, and business processes of new center.
* Provide logistical support for the center's launch, including preparing promotional communication materials, coordinating launch-related events, establishing center social-media presence, etc.
* Work closely with the Directors on the development, implementation, and coordination of research and networking initiatives.
* Engage in outreach activities with internal and external constituencies in order to develop partnerships and programs. Encourage and support capacity-building for research and practice among centers and individuals.
* Consult on website design, create and update site content.
* Research and identify funding opportunities. Develop grant proposals, including narrative and accompanying budgets. Manage grant project activity, budgets, and reporting, throughout pre-award, post-award, and closeout.
* Work closely with the Director on all aspects of the Center's operations, including developing a budget and annual strategic plan of action for the Center.
* Coordinate with MIC advisory board as needed.
* Prepare annual center programming activity reports.
* Organize, coordinate and facilitate symposia, guest speakers, conferences, and other activities related to social justice and policy activism research and scholarship.
Serve as COMPASS Summer Fellowship Program Facilitator (requires as-needed travel to Washington, DC):
* Work closely with the COMPASS directors/instructors in planning for the summer course
* Act as a resource to media policy activity (hearings, court proceedings, open meetings held by relevant public interest groups, etc.) in DC during the summer.
* Participate in networking and outreach activities to identify fellowship opportunities in the communications policy field, develop and maintain relationships and secure commitments from host organizations.
* Assist with the drafting and dissemination of a Call for Fellows for application to the program.
* Assist with the development of course work.
* Prepare and manage surveys to fellows, mentors, and host institutions, produce reports for review by the COMPASS consortium.
* Manage the COMPASS website; institute changes to make it more useful for current and potential COMPASS Fellows, host institutions, and potential funders.
* Provide logistical support to program fellows and prepare orientation materials, including information about program requirements, key contact information, housing information, FAQs, local information about dining and entertainment, etc.
* Source and promote opportunities for program fellows regarding policy-related and other events of interest.
* Prepare information for program development purposes.
* Establish an updated list of current and former fellows. Develop and manage an alumni network.
Qualifications: A Bachelor's Degree and 3 years to 5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Master's degree preferred. Highly functioning, detail-oriented, and analytical candidate who can think strategically. Strong interpersonal skills and networking capabilities are required. Existing local and DC social capital a plus. Able to work effectively with people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. Must have excellent writing skills. Academic research skills preferred. Grant application and management experience highly desirable. Excellent computer skills required. Must be able to work independently and collaboratively to achieve goals. Must be able to travel as needed.
This is a three-year limited-term position, with the possibility of extension.
Reference Number: 36-27996
Salary Grade: 027
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: Annenberg School for Communication
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: A-General/Professional Administrative