Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09332
Location: Sylvania Campus
Address: 12000 SW 49th Avenue, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Position Status: Full-time Faculty, 1.0 FTE, Exempt
Starting Salary Range: 2017-2018 salary range - $52,020/yr to $90,205/yr. Initial Salary Placement up to Step 3 ($55,728) will be based on related experience, per PCC's collective bargaining agreement.
Job Close Date: Apply by March 12, 2018 for best consideration
Are you ready to play a pivotal role in strengthening the radiography workforce? Consider combining your clinical expertise and your passion for helping others into a career in teaching at Portland Community College!
We are looking for outstanding candidates for Radiography faculty positions starting Fall Term 2018, located on PCC's Sylvania Campus.
Portland Community College's mission is to advance the region's long-term vitality by delivering accessible, quality education to support the academic, professional, and personal development of the diverse students and communities we serve. To that end, we value
- Providing Outstanding Affordable Education
- Driving Student Success
- Creating a Nationally Renowned Culture for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Transforming the Community Through Opportunity
- Igniting a Culture of Innovation
- Achieving Sustainable Excellence in All Operations
Does this sounds like a community you would like to be a part of?
Portland Community College achieves educational excellence by being accountable and committed to achieving diversity. Through leadership, staff, student body, educational programs and business opportunities that serve the community, it acts as a model for others to follow.
- As an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
PCC Faculty Responsibilities/Duties:
- Instruct students using approved course outcome guides developed by college-wide subject area Faculty; assess student performance in these courses.
- Attend and participate in college-wide, campus/center division, department, and program meetings and activities.
- Serve on Subject Area Curriculum Committees and/or such other College committees as may be assigned.
- Assist in the recruitment of students.
- Provide registration, advising, and guidance assistance to students.
- Provide professional assistance to staff and students.
- Provide information and assistance on College operations as may be requested.
- Compile and/or research data as may be assigned.
- Provide services to students in a manner which does not discriminate as to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual preference or marital status.
- Remain current in the field through a variety of professional development activities.
- Maintain College safety standards in their work areas; ensure that students are trained in good safety practices; and make reasonable efforts to ensure that students follow good safety practices.
- Comply with published College Policies and Procedures.
- Perform other related duties as provided in Faculty Agreement.
Minimum of Bachelor's degree (in any field) and
Minimum 3 years recent radiography work experience and
Current ARRT certification and Oregon license in radiography or be eligible within 3 months and
Minimum 1 year experience using digital imaging equipment and related storage processes.
Experience teaching in a degree awarding program.
Certification/s in advanced modalities.
Experience in teaching courses that pertain to radiation safety, equipment and/or radiobiology.
Active participation in state and/or national organizations.
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position you must:
1) Complete the online application
- Be sure to include complete employment history
2) Attach* Cover Letter
- In 1-2 pages, state specifically how you meet each of the qualifications for the position (minimum and preferred qualifications).
3) Attach* Current Resume/Vita
4) Attach* Unofficial Transcripts for each of your degrees (Includes current PCC employees). Transcripts need to include the Title of the degree earned and the Date that the degree was conferred and the Name of the Institution.
5) Attach* responses to the required essay questions. (Scroll down to view the required questions)
- All transcripts from institutions outside of the U.S. are required to include an evaluation by a U.S. credential evaluation agency (copy and paste the link http://www.pcc.edu/hr/employment/faculty-information.html into another browser window for specific instructions).
- Applicants Anticipating Degree Completion by September 1, 2018 must supply a letter from his/her university stating the degree title and that the degree will be granted by that date.
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
Application Review Process:
1) Once the "deadline or best consideration date" has passed, an initial screening will be conducted.
2) Upon hire the selected candidate will be required to supply OFFICIAL copies of transcripts for all degrees earned.
3) Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefits package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with access to a broad range of benefit options; including Health, Dental and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance, Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
- 1 day of sick leave for every 18 days worked (~10 days/year)
- 21 hours of additional personal leave per year
- 4 paid holidays (which occur during the term you are teaching)
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waver for yourself, domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age; plus tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
For a complete list of PCC benefits, please visit http://www.pcc.edu/hr/benefits
Additional Posting Information:
- This is a full time (1.0 FTE) probationary faculty position commencing September 2018. Hours of work may include evening or weekend teaching assignments. Opening Subject To Budget Considerations And Approval.
More information is available at: http://www.pcc.edu/hr/employment/faculty-information.html
- This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Faculty Federation Employees. Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: jobs.pcc.edu
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.