Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position is responsible for the evaluation of coursework from other institutions for transfer to Gordon State College.
• Evaluates transferable credits from academic transcripts from other institutions.
• Researches and processes the addition of new courses and schools for transfer agreements.
• Evaluates and processes AP/CLEP/IB scores.
• Meets with deans, department chairs and students to explain evaluation determinations as needed.
• Researches and processes transfer credit reconsideration requests.
• Processes requests for credit for non-traditional sources; notifies students of outcome.
• Assists with and processes graduation applications.
• Processes approved grade changes.
• Prepares and submits Veterans Administration documents.
• Processes transient student applications.
• Assists with graduation preparations.
• Prepares readmission folders for review by the Admissions Committee.
• Assists with the processing of student petitions.
• Responds to queries from faculty, staff and students on a range of academic policies and procedures.
• Answers telephone and greets visitors; provides information and assistance.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of an associate’s degree.
• Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one year.