Status: Full-time, exempt
Schedule: M-F, 8.30a.m. 4.30p.m, including occasional evening and weekend work and occasional travel based on seasonal business needs/position requirements
Reports to: Assistant Director for Advising
Direct reports: None
Start date: ASAP
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Everything we do is about the IES Abroad student. Our profoundly passionate team of study abroad professionals believes in creating once-in-a-lifetime educational adventures that transcend expectations. Our goal is to rock the world of some 8,000 study abroad students every year. From our headquarters in Chicago to our 140+ study abroad programs in 85 global locations worldwide, we create authentic global education and life-affirming cultural experiences. We work at IES Abroad because we believe that every student should have the opportunity to go abroad - especially in a fun, safe, and superior academic and cultural environment. We believe so strongly in the power of our program, that we actively recruit students from diverse populations and provide more than $4 million in scholarships year after year. We are proud that our students are as diverse and exciting as the countries we study. We're not ashamed to admit, we're a little bit obsessed with study abroad.
Summary of position:
The IES Abroad Program Advisor is responsible for providing top quality pre-departure advising, preparation, and service for all IES Abroad students, their families, and home school personnel. The Advisor serves as an expert on a set of IES Abroad programs for both external and internal audiences. Essential job responsibilities & duties: Provide friendly, accurate, and prompt pre-departure support and information to IES Abroad students, parents, and education institution staff through written and verbal (telephone) communications Maintain excellent records of all communications Utilize database and web technology in all daily functions Serve as Recruiting & Advising department expert on specific IES Abroad programs Serve as a member of an advising team, providing call and email coverage for team members when needed Liaise with other departments to answer student questions and monitor any program changes/enhancements Communicate program changes/enhancements to all team members and relevant departments Participate in editing and updating student pre-departure materials for each enrollment cycle Serve as part of a rotating group of staff handling after-hours calls. Additional: Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this position Any other task or duty as assigned or required
Experience & Qualifications/Skills:
- Two or more years' experience in the field of study abroad or student advising (preferred)
- Enthusiasm for education and development of college-aged students
- Empathetic communicator with exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to manage and maintain high call volume
- Ability to exercise sound judgment when handling a variety of issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and take responsibility for actions, results
- Strong self-direction and initiative skills Act in a professional manner at all times
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a changing environment
- Adheres to office/departmental policies and procedures with infrequent unplanned absences
- Maintains a positive can-do attitude even during stressful situations
- Creative and proactive approach to work Ability toorganize and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to contribute to a high-performing team
- Strong attention to detail with the capacity to maintain accurate records
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office skills, and ability to learn database and content management system platforms
- Social media literacy
- Familiarity with principles of international education, study abroad, and intercultural competency
Education Licenses and/or Certifications etc.:
Bachelor's degree incorporating study abroad preferred or equivalent work experience
Program Advisors periodically travel to campus events within the U.S. Candidates must have a valid driver's license and be willing and able to drive a car
Must be legally eligible to work in the United States
- Ability to remain in a seated position for the majority of the day (between 70% -100% of work time) in a workstation
- Ability to work for extended and continuous periods at a workstation operating a computer, phone and other office equipment i.e., copier, scanner, or printer (between 70% -100% of work time)
- Must be able to communicate via phone, email and in-person with IES Abroad US and Global employees, students and parents for the majority of the day (between 70% -100% of work time)
- Ability to lift or move supplies, equipment, boxes, documents and materials weighing up to 40lbs from 15% to 20% of work time in office or while traveling
- This position may be asked to travel by airplane or car to campuses within the S. approximately 5-10% seasonally Candidates must have a valid driver's license and be willing and able to drive a car approximately 5-10% seasonally Working conditions/Environment: This position may be required to work beyond office hours of 8:30am to 4:30pm, including nights and weekends, as defined by the needs of the department and/or organization
- Due to the open plan environment, this workspace may experience varying noise levels.
- Must be able to work in office on a daily basis
Responsible for following IES Abroad policies regarding any purchases and/or travel, if required, made via company credit card as well as processing expense reports in a timely and accurate manner.
Disclaimer: This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The duties above are not to be considered a complete list of duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. *A background check may be conducted, based on responsibilities, as a condition of employment.
Application Deadline: Open until position is filled. No phone calls or emailed status inquiries accepted.
How to Apply: All applicants should submit an application including cover letter, resume, at least 2 writing samples and salary requirements by clicking 'Apply Now' at the right hand side of this page. Please visit http://www.iesabroad.org/study-abroad/about/employment for more information about working at IES Abroad. Equal Opportunity Employment: IES Abroad is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. We strive to treat people with respect; fully utilizing employee's abilities and promoting workforce diversity. We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), disability, age, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation or genetic information or veteran status and/or any other status protected by applicable laws.