Athletic Trainer (50%)
Folsom Lake College
Athletic Trainer (50%)
Job Posting Number: C00494P
Salary: $2,267.21 per month LRCCD Salary Schedules
Additional Salary Information Plus shift differential.
Closing Date: 3/1/2018
Complete job description and application available online at: http://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/6246
Under general direction, provides for an effective and efficient program of first aid, emergency care, injury prevention, athletic training and preconditioning for athletes in intercollegiate sports activities. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here].
This position is assigned to the Kinesiology, Athletics, Health, & Nutrition department.
● Functions as liaison between physician, coaches, parents, student-athletes and administration.
● Arranges for and assists with pre-season physical examinations for all sports; and coordinates physical screenings to detect pre-existing conditions that would limit or prevent participation in intercollegiate athletics.
● Administers emergency care, treats acute, sub-acute and minor chronic disabilities, and/or refers injured student-athlete to physician.
● Evaluates physical condition of injured athletes.
● Advises, develops and implements programs for routine and corrective exercises.
● Provides rehabilitation services for injured student-athletes.
● Uses treatment modalities such as ultrasound, electrical stimulation, hydrotherapy and therapeutic exercise; and recognizes and manipulates conditions which require special taping, bracing or padding, either preventative or rehabilitative.
● Designs, develops and supervises conditioning and reconditioning/rehab programs.
● May assist in the selection and fitting of protective equipment.
● Arranges transportation as needed for injured athletes.
● Accompanies football team to all contests; serves as host athletic trainer for visiting teams; and attends home athletic events when scheduled.
● Maintains and operates the athletic training room.
● Maintains all student-athlete health records and maintains records for all the individual injuries and treatments of injured athletes.
● Prepares and oversees budget for medical and athletic training supplies and equipment.
● May oversee student interns in the Athletic Trainer program.
● Educates student athletes about generally accepted health and safety knowledge.
● Performs related duties as required.
EXPERIENCE: Two years of experience as an athletic trainer.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. Current Athletic Trainer (ATC) and CPR certificates are required by the National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification (NATABOC).
Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
(One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.