Coordinator, Office of Student Life and Conduct
Date: February 9, 2018
Title: Coordinator, Office of Student Life and Conduct
Professional Services Limited Benefit
Position Number: 860
Work Schedule: 40 hours/52 weeks
Reports to: Director of Student Life and Conduct
Posting Closes: February 21, 2018
For information on “Who are Professional Services, Limited Benefit Employees?” please visit http://www.grcc.edu/humanresources/employeegroups/contingentemployees.
The Coordinator is a member of the Student Life and Conduct team. The office serves the college and students in several ways, including front desk services/sales (RaiderCards, bus passes, movie tickets, etc.), coordinating all major student events and student clubs/organizations on campus, oversight of the food pantry and dining services, and enforcement of the Student Code of Conduct and Behavioral Intervention Team. The Coordinator holds responsibilities primarily in coordinating and supporting events, clubs/orgs, and special programs, however, will have the opportunity to be exposed to the other areas of our work if desired.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Serve as the advisor for a wellness student organization Recruit, train, supervise, and support members of this group in developing a campus wide offering of events and activities that promotes student wellness, including programming on sexual misconduct awareness and drug and alcohol abuse.
- Coordinate student awareness campaigns, training and programs (e.g. drugs and alcohol, sexual misconduct).
- Coordinate the information stations on campus, including preparing the stations and coordinating the volunteers.
- Coordinate the MLK Day daytime program.
- Maintain regular postings regarding Student Life (or campus wide) messaging through Raider Buzz and social media platforms (Facebook, OrgSync, etc.).
- Coordinate and manage the oversight of the GRCC Food Pantry and the GoSeeGR! Program.
- Shared oversight of annual Student Life events including, but not limited to, blood drives, Welcome Week and Finals Relaxer.
- Support efforts to provide training and development and general support for student leaders and clubs/orgs.
- Assist with Student Life services including duties related to opening, closing and managing the office.
- Assist with Commencement (coordinating rehearsal and volunteer management for the day of the event.)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Regular attendance during normal scheduled hours is required. Being present is essential for serving customers and performing the essential functions of this position.
- Bachelor Degree required. Master’s degree in higher education (or related field) preferred.
- At least 2 years’ experience in program and event coordination and/or student conduct.
- Possess the personality and enthusiasm to work with students, college staff and general public.
- Proficient in software applications including PeopleSoft, Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, Publisher, Power Point), GroupWise, OrgSync.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving abilities.
- Possess excellent proofreading and editing skills.
- Must be proficient in verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent public relations and customer service skills.
- Project a professional image including punctuality and good attendance record.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups and individuals.
- Proven initiative, ability to follow through, and effectively able to manage multiple projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and move up to 25 pounds
- Flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
Method of Application
Grand Rapids Community College is only accepting online applications for this position at https://www.grcc.edu/jobs Submit a cover letter and resume in one document. The opportunity to apply for this position will close on February 21, 2018 at 11:59 PM. Individuals with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Grand Rapids Community College is an equal opportunity employer.
Grand Rapids Community College creates an inclusive learning and working environment that recognizes the value and dignity of each person. It is the policy and practice of GRCC to provide equal educational and employment opportunities regardless of age, race, color, religion, marital status, sex/gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, height, weight, national origin, disability, political affiliation, familial status, veteran status or genetics in all programs, activities, services, employment and advancement including admissions to, access to, treatment in, or compensation in employment as required by state and federal law. GRCC is committed to reviewing all aspects of GRCC programs, activities, services and employment, including recruitment, selection, retention and promotion to identify and eliminate barriers in order to prevent discrimination on the basis of the listed protected characteristics. The college will not tolerate any form of retaliation against any person for bringing charges of discrimination or participating in an investigation. Further information may be obtained from the EEO Office or the Office of General Counsel, 143 Bostwick Avenue NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503-3295.