Financial Aid Processor
Job Description Summary
The Financial Aid Processor will be responsible for performing application review, determining eligibility and awarding student financial aid, fund disbursement, and federal and state aid program administration and reconciliation. The Financial Aid Processor will focus on areas of expertise as assigned and will report to a financial aid manager.
- Perform application review and determination of student eligibility to prepare file for student aid awarding. Application review includes:
- Verification: verify accuracy of data and make corrections as needed
- Federal database (C-code) resolution
- Identify/resolve conflicting information by collecting additional data
- Review financial aid history
- Evaluate satisfactory academic progress status
- Review exception reports and make corrections as needed to ensure appropriate financial aid eligibility
- Perform student awarding and disbursement following federal, state and institutional guidelines.
- Communicate with students when necessary to resolve processing issues via the Financial Aid Help Desk system.
- Perform federal aid processing including origination and disbursement reporting, error resolution and monthly reconciliation.
- Perform state aid processing including determining eligibility, awarding, reporting and reconciliation.
- Perform financial aid recalculation/revisions related to attendance, enrollment change, special circumstance appeal, satisfactory academic progress appeal, post-screening reason code eligibility changes, additional sources of aid, over award, and over payment.
- Maintain confidentiality of work related information and materials
- Participate in special events, evening, and weekend work as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned to ensure successful achievement of department goals.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Experience in financial aid, preferred.
- Demonstrate competencies to work in technology driven operation.
- Demonstrate success working with students or customers in a service-oriented environment.
- Analytical skills, strong interpersonal and communication skills and student-centered customer service orientation.
- Critical thinking
- Detail oriented
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Work successfully with cross-functional teams
- Ability to react and adjust quickly to changing conditions
- Ability to multi-task daily
- Ability to produce a high volume of quality work, timely and accurately
- Must be able to work in a collegial and collaborative manner within a team environment.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.
Each year from 2012 to 2016, Saint Leo University was named one of Tampa Bay's Top Workplaces by the Tampa Bay Times .
The Top Workplaces in Tampa Bay program was created by the Tampa Bay Times and WorkplaceDynamics. The companies in this survey were ranked based on leadership, compensation and training, workplace flexibility, and diversity.
One of the Top-Ranked Universities in Florida
One of the top-ranked universities in Florida, Saint Leo is a Catholic, liberal arts school serving learners of all faiths.
We are traditional, but we are cutting edge
Established in 1889 by the Order of Saint Benedict of Florida, the university seeks balanced growth in mind, body and spirit for all members of our community. Saint Leo has grown from a peaceful campus in the rolling hills of Central Florida to an institution of international consequence-ranked one of the best regional universities in the South by U.S. News & World Report
Our Tampa-area campus remains committed as ever to student-centered liberal arts education, and is strengthened by the global reach of our regionally accredited online programs and Education Centers in seven states across the U.S., including on many military bases.
We are Catholic, but we are for everyone
Our determination to make higher education more accessible to all has made Saint Leo a world leader in redefining the 21st century university. Saint Leo now serves more than 16,000 students from 49 states and 86 countries-ranking us among the five largest Catholic higher education institutions in the United States. Saint Leo is also one of the nation's 10 leading providers of higher education to the U.S. military.
While we are proudly Catholic, we teach students not because they are Catholic, but because we are Catholic. And our faith compels us to imagine and contribute to a more socially just society.