Assistant Director of Admissions
Job Description Summary
Under the general direction of the Center Director this position coordinates efforts in and around the North Charleston region to recruit, enroll, and advise new and returning students as well as maintaining a strong presence within the community and businesses to help grow enrollment.
Increase the regional prominence of the adult education program at Saint Leo University through program marketing, information sessions, student recruitment and implementation of enrollment management tactics
- Implement a seamless follow-up on all prospects and develop effective relationships with the area businesses and educational community, ensuring high visibility for the programs and Saint Leo University at large
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the recruitment and marketing plan with the purpose of promoting Saint Leo University's visibility and general recruitment efforts throughout recruiting area
- Meet enrollment goals for assigned target recruitment area
- Evaluate and execute admission decisions on applicant files
- Maintain continuing flow of quality applicants to the University by analyzing trends in enrollment and marketing activities, leading activities to continue programs that are effective; presenting new strategies for the University's recruitment and admission activities
- Gain the respect of diverse individual groups by demonstrating the ability of the University to respond to the concerns and interests of its community stakeholders
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Enhance University reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Advise new and returning students, register students in University enrollment system, maintain/update files and complete/assist in student paperwork.
- Support the University's mission and core values as a contributing member of the University community
- Work with administration and staff at partnership community college to schedule recruiting events, secure event space and act as a liaison with academic counselors
- Represent the University at education/benefit fair events through the community
- Facilitates new student orientation for students through a variety of formats
- Other duties as assigned by the Center Director
- Travel, weekend and evening work is required
- Master's Degree from a regionally accredited college or University
- Prior recruiting and marketing experience, advising skills, preferably in higher education recruiting adult students
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to develop and maintain effective and productive relationships
- Must be able to work independently
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of higher education
- Knowledge of recruiting and marketing practices
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service
- Skilled in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Skilled in understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
- Skilled in speaking effectively to others to convey information
- Skilled in communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
- Skilled in complex problem solving including reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Skilled in adjusting actions in relation to others' actions
- Skilled in working with Microsoft Office Suite such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Skilled in Student Information Systems such as Colleague and SalesForce
- Ability to work in a team environment, plan and organize work, prioritize work and manage time
- Must be US Citizen if required to represent the University on a military installation
Each year from 2012 to 2016, Saint Leo University was named one of Tampa Bay's Top Workplaces by the Tampa Bay Times .
The Top Workplaces in Tampa Bay program was created by the Tampa Bay Times and WorkplaceDynamics. The companies in this survey were ranked based on leadership, compensation and training, workplace flexibility, and diversity.
One of the Top-Ranked Universities in Florida
One of the top-ranked universities in Florida, Saint Leo is a Catholic, liberal arts school serving learners of all faiths.
We are traditional, but we are cutting edge
Established in 1889 by the Order of Saint Benedict of Florida, the university seeks balanced growth in mind, body and spirit for all members of our community. Saint Leo has grown from a peaceful campus in the rolling hills of Central Florida to an institution of international consequence-ranked one of the best regional universities in the South by U.S. News & World Report
Our Tampa-area campus remains committed as ever to student-centered liberal arts education, and is strengthened by the global reach of our regionally accredited online programs and Education Centers in seven states across the U.S., including on many military bases.
We are Catholic, but we are for everyone
Our determination to make higher education more accessible to all has made Saint Leo a world leader in redefining the 21st century university. Saint Leo now serves more than 16,000 students from 49 states and 86 countries-ranking us among the five largest Catholic higher education institutions in the United States. Saint Leo is also one of the nation's 10 leading providers of higher education to the U.S. military.
While we are proudly Catholic, we teach students not because they are Catholic, but because we are Catholic. And our faith compels us to imagine and contribute to a more socially just society.