Job Description Summary
The Executive Assistant for the Vice President for Marketing and Enrollment will coordinates all support functions for the VP, including a variety of complex administrative functions in a fast paced, high pressure environment. This position requires the ability to work both on the University campus and at the Student Support Center in Downtown Tampa.
Duties and Tasks:
- Support all activities of the VP including scheduling of meetings, managing of the calendar, making travel arrangements and managing expense reports.
- Assist with correspondence and coordination with other divisions and offices of the University in the spirit of its mission and values.
- Conduct investigations of and help develop resolutions for escalations of business issues.
- Maintain office records and reporting data that will assist the VP in budgeting and personnel considerations.
- Assist in meeting preparations including but not limited to organizing printed documents, ordering of meals, booking of meeting rooms both internal and external, etc.
- Assist in the management of the Marketing and Enrollment expense budget i.e. tracking of actual expenses, processing of invoices and working with Finance to ensure accuracy of the budget.
- Serves as a resource to the team including ordering office supplies, coordinating meetings, setting up interviews and effectively communicating through a multi-tiered organization.
- Continually identifies opportunities to streamline functional activities while enabling the VP to focus on the strategic and business initiatives rather than function logistics.
- Process and submit finance and accounting records to include travel reimbursements, requisitions and purchase orders while monitoring approvals and the delivery of services.
- Act as the key contact "go to person' for the Marketing and Enrollment team and build strong relationships with other key departments across the university
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Associate's degree preferred.
- Three to five years of administrative experience.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: ability to work well with students, vendors, and colleagues.
- Proficiency with computer information systems, including strong skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint), Outlook and the internet.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to build, run, and analyze reports and data.
- Highly developed organizational abilities to complete multiple tasks and set priorities on time and with a great degree of accuracy.
Each year from 2012 to 2016, Saint Leo University was named one of Tampa Bay's Top Workplaces by the Tampa Bay Times .
The Top Workplaces in Tampa Bay program was created by the Tampa Bay Times and WorkplaceDynamics. The companies in this survey were ranked based on leadership, compensation and training, workplace flexibility, and diversity.
One of the Top-Ranked Universities in Florida
One of the top-ranked universities in Florida, Saint Leo is a Catholic, liberal arts school serving learners of all faiths.
We are traditional, but we are cutting edge
Established in 1889 by the Order of Saint Benedict of Florida, the university seeks balanced growth in mind, body and spirit for all members of our community. Saint Leo has grown from a peaceful campus in the rolling hills of Central Florida to an institution of international consequence-ranked one of the best regional universities in the South by U.S. News & World Report
Our Tampa-area campus remains committed as ever to student-centered liberal arts education, and is strengthened by the global reach of our regionally accredited online programs and Education Centers in seven states across the U.S., including on many military bases.
We are Catholic, but we are for everyone
Our determination to make higher education more accessible to all has made Saint Leo a world leader in redefining the 21st century university. Saint Leo now serves more than 16,000 students from 49 states and 86 countries-ranking us among the five largest Catholic higher education institutions in the United States. Saint Leo is also one of the nation's 10 leading providers of higher education to the U.S. military.
While we are proudly Catholic, we teach students not because they are Catholic, but because we are Catholic. And our faith compels us to imagine and contribute to a more socially just society.