AS-18-26 Assistant/Associate/Full Professor, Clinical Psychology
Assistant/Associate/Full Professor, Clinical Psychology
School of Arts and Sciences
Department: Social Sciences
Expected Start Date: Fall 2018 or after
Deadline: Until the position is filled.
The Department of Social Sciences at the Lebanese American University invites applicants for a full-time faculty position at the rank of Assistant/Associate/Full Professor in Clinical Psychology. The department is seeking a highly qualified and motivated full-time faculty member who is committed to innovative teaching, research, academic advising and institutional and community service. The Psychology Program offers a B.A. in Psychology and is planning to add an M.A. in Clinical Psychology.
- Teach clinical and general Psychology courses at the undergraduate and graduate level
- Supervise senior projects and clinical practicum
- Advise and mentor students
- Contribute to the development of the program
- Conduct research
- Engage in service to the department, the university and the profession
- Additional duties may be set by the department in light of departmental needs and priorities.
- A PhD in Clinical Psychology from a well-recognized University.
- Experience in teaching Clinical Psychology
- Evidence of scholarship and research
- Evidence of an established research agenda
- Clinical experience
- Evidence of successful innovative university teaching
- Child and adolescent child psychology experience is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge in research methods and experience in working with culturally diverse populations.
- Evidence of success in securing external funding for research
The department offers four Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) programs in political science, political science/international affairs, psychology, and social work; two Master of Arts (M.A.) programs in International Affairs and Migration studies; and five minors in conflict analysis and resolution, legal studies, political science/international affairs, psychology, and sociology. The Department consists of 15 full-time faculty members and a number of part-time faculty members. The Department of is dedicated to excellence in teaching and research, and is committed to student-centeredness and to serving the community.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York. Information about the University can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb.
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending a letter of interest including a statement of teaching, research interests, as well as professional and creative projects, an updated CV, and unofficial transcripts by email to: [email protected]. The CV should include the names, e-mails and phone numbers of three references. The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Candidates must refer to position no. AS-18-26 , in the subject line of the email.