AS-18-18. Assistant/Associate Professor, Physical Chemistry
Assistant/Associate Professor, Physical Chemistry
School of Arts and Sciences
Department: Natural Sciences
Expected Start Date: Fall 2018 or after
Deadline for Applying: March 30, 2018
The Department of Natural Sciences in the School of Arts and Sciences at the Lebanese American University invites applicants for a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor in physical chemistry. The department is seeking a highly qualified and motivated full-time faculty member who is committed to innovative teaching, research, program development, academic advising, as well as institutional and community service. Prospective candidates must have earned a Ph.D. in Physical chemistry with a concentration on experimental physical chemistry ranging from thermodynamics, quantum mechanics, kinetics or material science. The successful candidate will have a proven publication track record in top tier journals alongside the ability to attract grant funding and is expected to teach a variety of courses.
- Show excellence in classroom and laboratory teaching at the undergraduate level in chemistry
- Engage in vigorous scholarly work and research with undergraduate students
- Supervise senior year projects
- Advise and mentor students
- Engage in service to the department, the university, community and the profession
- Attract extramural funds
- Engage in interdisciplinary research with the various disciplines of the department of Natural Sciences and fields offered in the University
- Additional duties may be set by the department in light of departmental needs and priorities.
- A Ph.D. from a recognized institution
- Evidence of research productivity
- Evidence of successful university teaching
- Postdoctoral experience
The Department of Natural Sciences is one of the seven departments of the School of Arts and Sciences at LAU. It offers a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology, a B.S. in Chemistry, a B.S. in Nutrition, and a Master of Science (M.S.) in Molecular Biology.
LAU has two campuses, one in Beirut and the other in Byblos, about 35 kilometers north of Beirut. LAU is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York, and is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (CIHE–NEASC). There are currently over 8,000 enrolled students at LAU.
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending a letter of intent and an updated CV. The CV should include the names, emails and phone numbers of two references. The application should be sent by email to [email protected], referring to positions AS-18-18.