AS-18-7 Assistant/Associate Professor, Education
Assistant/Associate Professor, Education
School of Arts and Sciences
Expected start date: Fall 2018/Spring 2019
Deadline for applying: Until the position is filled
The Department of Education in the School of Arts and Sciences at the Lebanese American University (LAU) invites applicants to a tenure track position at the Assistant or Associate Professor rank. The department is interested in applicants with expertise in Science Education or Instructional/Educational Technology and who can contribute to program, department and school initiatives.
- Teach education courses based on program needs.
- Actively engage in research.
- Advise and mentor students.
- Engage in service to the department, the university, the profession, and the community.
- Additional duties may be set by the department in light of departmental needs and priorities.
- Earned Ph.D. from a recognized University in Science Education or Instructional/Educational Technology.
- Evidence of scholarship and research productivity.
- Evidence of effective university teaching in terms of methods and delivery.
- Ability to develop grant proposals.
The Department of Education consists of 7 full-time faculty and a number of part-time faculty. The Department of Education is dedicated to excellence in teaching and research, and is committed to student-centeredness and to serving the community.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer operating in Lebanon under a charter from the Regents of the State University of New York. Information about the University can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb.
Standard Application Requirements:
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending a letter of interest including a statement of teaching and research interests, an updated CV, and unofficial transcripts by email to: [email protected]. The CV should include the names, emails and phone numbers of three references. The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Candidates must refer to position no. AS-18-7, in the subject line of the email.