QA tester II with Angular
The Center for Applied Learning Science (CALS) at WGU develops habit-forming learning applications leading to educational attainment and life-long success. We learn how to help people learn. Leveraging advances in cognitive and behavioral sciences and emerging technology, the Center fosters innovation from idea through incubation, continuously improving student learning at WGU and beyond.
The CALS Front-end /QA engineer ensures nothing gets between students and their goals. The successful candidate has a passion for user experience demonstrated through their UI development experience and dedication to a glitch-free experience for users on any device.
This role delivers student-facing interfaces students WANT to use. They work as part of an agile team developing prototypes for early end-user testing as well as enterprise-ready products and integrations for roll out at WGU and partner institutions. The engineer ensures products delivered by their team meet quality, usability, and accessibility standards across supported browsers and platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of formal education and experience
- 2+ years experience in testing of web based applications
- Please provide samples or a link to your portfolio with your resume
- Expertise in enterprise front-end web application development; writes efficient, secure, scalable, and maintainable code.
- Demonstrated experience with software quality testing procedures, tools, and techniques; experience with integration testing.
- Familiar with the SDLC and varying software development / testing methodologies (including agile and SCRUM).
- Knowledge of code versioning and build tools.
- Demonstrates ability to ramp up quickly on new technologies.
- Exhibits excellent verbal and written communication skills; successful history communicating technical concepts to lay audiences.
- Maintains effective working relationships with team members and stakeholders.
- Exhibits strong attention to detail and a feeling of pride and ownership over the quality of CALS products.
- Cross-devise responsive web apps and leveraging native device functionality
- Core web technologies, including:
-SASS (or any CSS pre-processor)
-Bootstrap, Foundation, or other front-end frameworks
- Asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, JSON and AJAX
- Collaborates with Learning Experience Designer to ensure feasibility of learning interactions and UI/UX.
- Translates UI/UX design requirements into user interfaces using best practices to write high quality, cross-browser code and conduct effective unit testing. Fully documents solution and comments code.
- Engages with multimedia developer to determine appropriate technical approach to UI elements like graphics and animation.
- Collaborates with full-stack developer(s) to implement user engagement tracking, new web service development, database connections, and other back-end work.
- Shares knowledge with other CALS UI developers through architectural discussions and code reviews.
- Designs, creates, and executes manual and automated tests, taking a holistic approach—the users’ perspective as well as application performance measures.
- Works with the project team and WGU IT in the design and creation of test plans for CALS-WGU integrations.
- Writes and maintains complete test documentation (test plans, test cases, and issues found).
- Tests performance for high utilization, 24x7 access, responsiveness, accessibility (ADA), and scalability.
- Coordinates with WGU IT to leverage advanced automated testing capabilities.
- Helps ensure student data is handled securely and in compliance with applicable laws.
- Keeps team and product management informed of status and significant problems.
salt lake city, Utah, United States