Dean – Liberal Arts
Chemeketa Community College welcomes applications for a full-time Dean – Liberal Arts.
The Dean of Liberal Arts reports to the Executive Dean of General Education and Transfer Studies. The Dean oversees the operations of programs including (but not limited to) Communication, English, Philosophy & Religious Studies, Writing, and Visual & Performing Arts and is responsible for the fiscal management of the department budget
Terms of Employment:
- This is a 100%, 12-month exempt assignment of the D5 band and grade.
- Requires the provision of official transcripts upon hire
- Upon hire, must pass security inquiry, which may include criminal and/or driving history; only information relevant to the position will be considered.
- Requires flexible work schedule based upon program needs which includes some evening and weekend work and/or travel; in-state and out-of-state meetings, conferences, institutes, training and/or other meeting attendance as required.
Closing Date: Friday, March 09, 2018
You would be challenged to find a college that matters more to its community than Chemeketa means to the residents of Oregon’s Mid-Willamette Valley. If you can affirm our vision to transform lives and communities through exceptional learning experiences, then Chemeketa will be a rewarding workplace to fulfill your potential and contribute your expertise.
The Community We Serve
Chemeketa Community College is the third largest post-secondary institution in Oregon, with approximately 50,000 students enrolled from a diversity of backgrounds. Chemeketa has seven locations, Salem campus, Yamhill Valley campus, Brooks Regional Training facility, Woodburn center, Polk center, Center for Business & Industry and Viticulture at Eola. Chemeketa's district encompasses nearly 2,700 square miles of the Mid-Willamette Valley and includes all of Marion, Polk, and most of Yamhill counties with a small portion of Linn County. About 465,000 citizens live in the district, with Salem, the capitol city of the state of Oregon, comprising the largest single concentration of citizens. Full-time enrollment increased by 35% in the last five years.
Chemeketa provides opportunities for students to explore, learn, and succeed through quality educational experiences and workforce training.
We are a college community enriched by the diversity of our students, staff, and community members. Each individual and group has the potential to contribute in our learning environment. Each has dignity. To diminish the dignity of one is to diminish the dignity of us all.
What We Have to Offer
The college also provides an excellent benefits package, which includes medical, dental, and vision coverage (subject to employee and college collective bargaining agreements). Other benefits also include generous vacation/holidays as well as: life, and disability insurance and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System (PERS) or Oregon Public Services Retirement Plan (OPSRP).
$77,976.00 - $113,964.00 Annually
Master's degree or equivalent from an accredited institution
Experience in the following areas:
- Providing leadership for a program or department and support of effective teaching/learning processes;
- Experience in managing personnel, budgeting, planning and development;
- Facilitating groups with diverse interests;
- Establishing a positive, team-building process.
To be considered for this position, a complete online application is required. For complete information on this and other job opportunities, please visit our web site at http://hr.chemeketa.edu.
We are an EO/AA/ADA institution