PeopleSoft Programmer Analyst
Job Title: PeopleSoft Programmer Analyst
Job ID: 24452
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Job Code: 0400
Department: Enterprise Systems
Reporting to the Director of Enterprise Systems, the PeopleSoft Analyst Programmer analyzes and develops systems and technology-based solutions to meet user needs including applications, databases and related systems. The Analyst Programmer is responsible for primarily delivering on the programming and support needs of SJSU's PeopleSoft systems, including Campus Solutions and HR modules and interfaces with other administrative systems.
The Analyst Programmer will work with the Enterprise Systems team to create and support automated tests for quality assurance of the supported applications. The incumbent will also provide operational support, monitoring critical processes, assisting with job scheduling and tracking of tickets to completion.
The Analyst Programmer will have knowledge of system architecture, design and analysis skills including analyzing procedures, systems and organizational structures, translating results into computer-based solutions on various computer platforms; participates in the review and definition of business problems, including the preparation of functional requirements to support the mission of the university and administrative departments; providing systems and technical support of vendor and locally developed software, troubleshooting issues and providing solutions and associated documentation. Duties and system assignments can be temporarily or permanently changed to meet the needs and goals of the department and university. The Analyst Programmer will perform duties under the technical guidance from the Senior Programmer Analysts to achieve specified outcomes. The incumbent will interact with campus technical support staff and customers to provide reliable services. The incumbent will be proactive in his or her approach in order to make recommendations and ensure users/departments have the most up-to-date technological solutions to perform their jobs and serve the university community effectively.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Under the guidance of the Senior Programmer Analysts
- Consult with users to identify and document software/system purpose, work flow issues, and output needs.
- Document specifications and requirements for the optimal integration and implementation of solutions
- Assist the senior programmers with design, builds, analysis, enhancement, debugging, testing, and maintenance of PeopleSoft programs.
- Develop skills with People Tools and People Code and code using App designer, SQL, SQR, CI's, BI Publisher and application programming languages
- Use industry standard programming languages, development and runtime environments to program and support enterprise applications and various reports.
Quality Assurance of SJSU applications
- Test system changes and debug code
- Create and document use and test cases
- Translate technical requirements to test cases/plans
Production Control and Monitoring of SJSU Application
- Track, monitor, and close production support issues escalated from the help desk and document activities and solutions
- Assist the senior programmers with change control and application deployment activities, tracking and follow up of tickets.
- Monitor IB queues, PeopleSoft scheduled processes and ftp servers
To apply, please visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs and search for Job ID: 24452.
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.