Assistant/Associate Professor Early Childhood Education
Assistant/Associate Professor Early Childhood Education (Updated)
The Spadoni College of Education at Coastal Carolina University seeks a faculty colleague at the Assistant or Associate level, beginning August 2018. The successful candidate will have a strong background in child development.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- An earned doctorate in early childhood education or closely related field;
- A record of, or potential for, excellence in university teaching, research, and service; and
- A minimum of three years successful experience teaching students in prekindergarten through grade 3.
Desired qualifications for this position include:
- Excellent college teaching, evident in teaching evaluations;
- Record of, or potential for, consistent scholarly productivity;
- Experience with program planning and accreditation responsibilities;
- Potential for leadership in program planning or in professional organizations; and
- Success with funded grants and projects
The duties include teaching, research, and service.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Teaching undergraduate courses in early childhood education;
- Engaging in scholarly activity;
- Engaging in service to the program, department, college, university, and profession;
- Collaborating with colleagues in the program, department, university, and PreK-12 schools;
- Supervising students in field-based experiences; and
- Advising and recruiting undergraduate and graduate students.
The Early Childhood Education Program at Coastal Carolina University is a specifically designed program of study that meets educational requirements for South Carolina licensure in grades PreK-3. Coastal Carolina University is a public comprehensive liberal arts institution located just nine miles from the Atlantic coast resort of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Coastal enrolls more than 10,000 students from 45 states and 58 nations. The University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the baccalaureate and selective master’s degrees of national and/or regional significance in the arts and sciences, business, humanities, education, and health and human services, a specialist degree in educational leadership, and a Ph.D. degree in Marine Science.
Applicants should submit (a) a cover letter that includes qualifications for the position, teaching philosophy, and research interests; (b) current vita; (c) transcripts; and (d) contact information (including email addresses) for three current references familiar with the candidate's experiences and background. All application should be submitted electronically at http://jobs.coastal.edu with all required application documents. Review of applications and materials will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Coastal Carolina University is building a culturally diverse faculty and strongly encourages applications from women and minority candidates. Coastal Carolina University is an EO/AA employer.