Director of Grants and Research Foundation Accounting
Responsible for developing/ administering policies and procedures, budgetary decisions, extensive scope/impact of decisions on both internal and external contacts. This is an "intermediate level" position will be responsible for a subdivision/sub-unit of a department.
Kennesaw State Universitys externally-funded grants and contracts financial post-award administration has two components, KSU Research and Service Foundation (KSURSF) accounting and KSU grants and contracts accounting. This position will oversee the accounting in both areas, providing vision, support, and leadership on all matters related to grants and contracts financial post-award administration. Specific duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage all financial post-award functions, to include assignment and supervision of post-award personnel workload, ongoing evaluation and mentoring of post-award personnel, and assistance to post-award personnel with workload as appropriate.
- Maintain overall integrity of financial records and internal control over financial reporting.
- Manage and reconcile financial information in PeopleSoft (University) and Abila (KSURSF) and recommend improvements to streamline processes.
- Manage accounts receivable, ensuring that KSURSF and KSU are paid in a timely manner: preparation and submission of invoices, completion of federal drawdowns, recording of grant revenue, payments from KSURSF to KSU.
- Prepare financial statements and the Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards (SEFA) for KSURSF in accordance with FASB and GASB principles and standards. Work with external auditors on annual 2 CFR compliant audit.
- Ensure compliance with all tax reporting requirements for KSURSF. Prepare the tax organizer and work with KSURSFs tax preparer on KSURSFs annual tax return.
- Assist with the development and implementation of KSU and KSURSF policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure accountability and compliance with applicable sponsor regulations and requirements, consistent with University System of Georgia and other State of Georgia policies. Coordinate these efforts with other KSU offices as needed, ensuring effective intra- and inter-departmental communication and collaboration.
- Provide accurate and timely interpretation of state, federal, and other sponsor policies, rules, regulations and requirements.
- Serve as a post-award administration topics expert and resource.
As part of the background check process, this position WILL require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check as a condition of employment. See http://hr.kennesaw.edu/managers/docs/Credit_check_criteria.pdf for specific policy guidelines.
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
Bachelor's degree and 7+ years comparable/related experience; management/supervisory skills are required.
Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field.
Knowledge of Federal regulations for grants: 2 CFR 200, cost accounting standards.
Knowledge of and experience with federal drawdown systems (e.g. PMS, FastLane)
Experience with university and non-profit financial software.
Experience working with a university affiliated research foundation.