Director, Office of Experiential Education
o Establish and administer a robust strategic plan for the OEE that aligns with the mission and vision of the SOP.
o As a member of the Executive Committee, represent the needs of the OEE to inform programmatic decisions.
o Establish and maintain appropriate clinical networks to advance the work of the OEE
o Manage current experiential education programming.
o Identify, develop, and implement new experiential opportunities as appropriate.
o Oversee preceptor development and training.
o Develop and manage the quality assurance activities associated with the experiential education program including accreditation requirements.
o Establish and maintain a community Advisory Board to assist the work of the OEE.
• Represent Husson University SOP's OEE at national and regional events as appropriate.
• Manage staff within the OEE, including the administering of annual performance reviews.
• Doctorate of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree from an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy or the equivalent.
• Minimum 3 years pharmacy practice experience. In addition to practical experience, preference will be given to individuals with;
o post-PharmD residency or fellowship experience
o preceptor experience
o academic experience (e.g. faculty or adjunct faculty)
• Experience and/or significant knowledge of both community and institutional pharmacy practice paradigms.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and meet relevant programmatic goals.
• Experience with accreditation processes (e.g. Joint commission, ACPE).
• Current possession of, OR eligibility for State of Maine Pharmacy licensure/certification.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
• Strong leadership and collaborative skills to include:
o ability to work effectively with individuals and teams at multiple levels (Administration, faculty, students, preceptors) to meet programmatic goals.
o ability to organize and prioritize competing goals and responsibilities
o effective planning, problem solving, and decision-making skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of effective means to precept students at patient care practice sites.
• Ability to implement and analyze quality improvement and quality assurance programs.
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power-point, and basic database manipulation.