Associate Dean, Division of Business and Medical Technologies
- Five (5) or more years of successful teaching experience in a college environment.
- Professional experience within one or more of the programs under the supervision of the position.
- Experience with creation and management of multiple budgets
- Experience establishing articulation agreements between credit and non-credit programs.
- Substantial experience in curriculum design and development, preferably in a competency-based education format.
Masters Degree in a related discipline or technology required. Candidates who meet the current minimum education and experience and knowledge and skills job qualifications for a full-time faculty member in the department or division may also be considered. Have served as full-time faculty member who has taught for at least three (3) years (may include administrators returning to teaching, retired faculty members who want to return, etc.) and/or leadership experience in and qualifications for, a discipline or program within the Division. Evidence of significant and productive participation in department-level processes such as scheduling, program review, department test preparation and administration, curriculum development student issues, and other department tasks. Experience in leading and developing competency-based education programs. Evidence of substantial leadership responsibility in an academic setting, preferably a community college.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to organize, participate and lead teams of people of diverse backgrounds to accomplish goals.
- Innovative, collaborative and flexible management style.
- Ability to work in a team setting.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to address faculty, staff, and student issues in a positive manner at the department or division level and in collaboration with other college departments, divisions, and administrators.
- Ability to meet deadlines. Integrity and high ethical standards, and an ability to engender trust.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to lead, direct, and manage departmental personnel, making appropriate decisions.
- Ability to manage the department or division in compliance with College policies, procedures, guidelines, and direction.
- Commitment to keep the College accessible to a diverse urban population and ability to promote cultural, economic, and ethnic diversity
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, ability, culture, ethnic background, to maintain good working relationships across the College.
- Ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic background of community college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities.