Withdrawal Specialist/VA Certifying Official
Provides support and assistance to Registrar and Assistant Registrar for the daily function of the Registrar’s Office/Student Accounts as well as in depth analysis of computer operations and procedures. Must maintain a high level of confidentiality and accuracy in all aspects of the daily operation of the Registrar’s Office/Student Accounts, i.e., student records (test scores, transcripts, schedules, grades (GPA), personal information etc.) and account records (balances and payments)
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Analyze and Process Traditional, Continuing Education and Early College student withdrawals, leave of absences, and cancels from school.
2. Evaluate and process withdrawals each semester for students not registered, students not meeting financial or immunization requirements, suspensions and dismissals and all inactive students as well as consortium & visiting students, auditors, study abroad, etc.
3. Work with VA students and Veteran’s Affairs to certify the enrollment of veterans each semester to ensure the correct payment of benefits. Certify veterans each semester through VAONCE online. Check for changes in program or registration, grades and academic standing as these are required to be reported within 30 days.
4. Maintain accurate and complete student files to comply with our VA Accreditation. Submit catalogs, special topics courses and academic calendar to NC State Approving Agency for approvals. Attend VA conferences.
5. Assist Assistant Registrar/ Registrar with Report Writing at Guilford College as requested by administrators, faculty and staff with student data requests.
6. Process, evaluate and record interim and final grades as well as email them to faculty, advisors, department heads and administrators. Process student grade changes for “provisional” and “incorrect entry” of grades by instructor as well as recording missing grades.
7. Assist Office Assistant/Transcript Specialist in answering the main Registrar’s Office phone line, responding to inquiries via the Registrar’s Office email, and handling front counter traffic.
8. Process corrections and changes for student addresses, telephone numbers, name changes, graduation dates, social security numbers, declaration of major/minor/advisor changes, evaluate and enter transfer credits, AP/IB scores, QL scores, FL scores.
9. Evaluate student petitions for additional hours, course substitutions and other requests.
10. Create and register independent studies, internships, consortium forms, visiting and study abroad students.
11. Analyze and process Graduation Applications for Traditional and Continuing Education students; verify degree, major/minor, correct spelling of name for diplomas; assist in publishing graduates lists.
12. Utilize technologies such as Banner, Window XP, Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, Outlook, Sharepoint, Google Mail and CAPP (curriculum advising program planning).
13. Assist Office Assistant/Transcript Specialist in processing daily transcript requests and enrollment verifications through National Student Clearinghouse; process Clearinghouse reports.
14. Create and assign Traditional student mailboxes each semester.
Other duties as assigned.
College Graduate preferred. Good computer skills with experience in Windows XP, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Google Mail.
Must be able to work well with students, faculty administrators, staff, parents, alumni and the general public; must be willing to work evenings during crucial times such as the opening and closing of school each semester and graduation as well as during registration periods.
Experience in benefits certification for veterans, VA ONCE, and data entry via BANNER.