Administrative Assistant, PAL
Under the direction of the Director of PAL, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for the coordination of overall office support functions of PAL which includes support for prospective student recruitment and enrollment activities, supporting faculty members, interacting with various administrative offices to process expenditures, revenue and purchases, and other clerical duties.
Front Desk Communications:
- Respond to and direct telephone and email inquiries.
- Assist visitors, prospective students and their families.
- Train student workers on Front Desk Communications as necessary.
- Monitor and update dates on PAL web pages.
- Process and track departmental expenditures, requisitions, purchases.
- Assist with Educational Diagnostic Center ordering and payments.
- Track and record all departmental monies in shadow budget.
- Update Director on Budget Status on weekly basis.
- Reconcile Finance Budget with Shadow Budget.
PAL Summer Programs:
- Track and coordinate student communications, applications, registration materials, travel arrangements, and medical documentation within PAL and across College.
- Support Program Coordinator as necessary.
PAL Admission Support:
- Respond to student and family inquiries.
- Request and process application components from families.
- Schedule interviews and visits.
- Verify and update internal scheduling flowchart with PAL and Curry Admission.
- Update and maintain Admission Calendar.
Daily Operations Support:
- Support Director with administrative support for the daily operations as necessary.
- Arrange supporting logistics for departmental events, including catering, deliveries, orders, etc.
- May assist in maintaining the security of PAL faculty DEC files.
- Monitor and order departmental office and computing supplies.
- Maintain office files, copier machine, printers and other office equipment.
- Order and inventory office and event supplies.
Provide coverage support for the AT Center, Admission and Administrative Assistant (Upper Lobby) as necessary.
Respect and maintain confidentiality, parameters of operation, professional protocols, and individual privacy.
Perform other related duties as assigned by the Department Chair.
- High School diploma is required.
- A minimum of three to five years’ of office administration experience.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, excellent customer service and interpersonal skills to effectively deal with a variety of individuals.
- Intermediate skill level with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Ability to follow-up, follow-through, multi-task, set priorities and adhere to deadlines.
- Associate’s degree is preferred.
- Experience in a college setting with proven technical abilities across a variety of complex software systems, relational databases, and web-based programs. Familiarity with Banner a plus.
At the College’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the College, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Please apply online at: http://www.curry.edu/about-curry/employment/job-opportunities.html for consideration. Interested Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.