Assistant Director of Admission, Marketing/Events
Under the direction of the Associate Vice President of Admission, the Assistant Director of Admission – Marketing/Events provides support to the overall recruitment efforts as it pertains to the recruitment marketing strategy as well as on and off campus events of prospective students, families, group visitors and key referral sources. This individual oversees the overall campus visit experience.
Planning, Coordination and assessment of the recruitment marketing strategy, on- and off campus admission events and overall visitor relations:
- Responsible for the planning coordination and assessment of existing on-campus admission events Includes but not limited to, Open House Programs, Explore Curry Days, Academic Visit Days, Accepted Student Day and other recruitment events.
- Serves as an integral influencer within the admission team in the development of new on-campus admission events and visit experiences.
- Responsible for providing prospective students with an individual welcoming experience during their campus visit. Also responsible for personalized follow-up to campus visitors.
- Coordinates and oversees group visits to campus including Guidance Counselors and high school groups.
- Works in partnership with the V.P./Associate V.P. to develop event promotions and marketing.
- Works with athletics, academics/faculty, and student groups to organize/arrange personalized visits for students and families, including classroom visits.
- Work with various academic departments, Academic Affairs/Faculty, to personalize visits by academic area of interest, including Nursing and PAL.
- Responsible for the research, proposal, and implementation of incorporating new initiatives, and new technologies to enhance the visitor experience.
- Responsible for the surveying and evaluating the success of on-campus admission events and visit programs.
- Makes presentations promoting the College to various groups of students, parents, and guidance personnel. These may be one-on-one interviews or large group presentations.
- Coordinate e-recruitment strategies such as E-mail campaigns and web based recruiting efforts. Manage data selection from Banner database and execution of e-recruitment strategies. Plan, edit and test new campaigns, update scheduling, calendaring, and documentation of all campaigns.
- Coordinate the design and copy editing of e-mail campaigns and other e-recruitment tools.
- Works closely with the department’s and College’s Social Media coordinators to align all recruitment efforts accordingly.
- Acts as the departments CMS manager responsible for making necessary and timely updates/edits to the departments web pages.
- Supervises the Admission Receptionist.
- Responsible for the recruitment, hiring, training, management and assessment of all admission student tour-guides.
- Acts as the staff advisor for the Student Ambassador program, responsible for cultivating/growing the Ambassador program and integrating the use of Student Ambassadors in the campus visit experience.
- Assists with application review during peak reading periods.
- Conducts personal interviews with prospective students in order to assess their interests and goals and familiarize them with the College's programs and offerings.
- May be responsible for local and/or overnight travel including travel to and participation in high school college fairs and panel presentations during peak travel seasons.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality, parameters of operation, professional protocols, and individual privacy.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor of his/her designee.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Minimum of two to four years’ experience in college admissions and/or event planning is required.
- Strong computing skills and efficiency utilizing computing applications on the systems and programs of College’s choice; currently by way of example, Microsoft Office Suite, Banner.
- Ability to motivate others, strong commitment to quality service; ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to prioritize and consistently meet deadlines; ability to work on multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to think creatively and develop initiatives from concept to completion; excellent communication and public speaking and presentation skills; excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Occasional overtime is required to complete job assignments and meet deadlines during peak season.
Ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Ability to travel and valid driver's license required.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
At the College’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the college, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Please apply online at: http://www.curry.edu/about-curry/employment/job-opportunities.html for consideration. Interested Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.