Tutorial Center Faculty Coordinator/Instructor
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is seeking to fill a Tutorial Center Faculty Coordinator/Instructor position for Las Positas College in Livermore, California.
This position reports directly to the Dean of Academic Services or designee.
Job Title Tutorial Center Faculty Coordinator/Instructor
Position Type Faculty
Position Code 3FSS21
Pay Rate (or Annual Salary) $62,035 - $88,687/annual
Job Location Las Positas College, 3000 Campus Hill Dr., Livermore, CA 94551
Department Computing, Applied Technolgy & Social Sciences
1. Serve as the main coordinator of the Tutorial Center at Las Positas College.
2. Perform daily operations to ensure the Tutorial Center is open and accessible to students, faculty, and the general public.
3. Serve as the liaison between faculty, academic divisions, and other academic and student support services.
4. Responsible for hiring, training, and scheduling student assistants and tutors in collaboration with faculty and academic division deans.
5. Ensure students receive tutorial services in a variety of academic disciplines.
6. Leverage financial, personnel, and technology resources to provide tutorial support throughout the academic year.
7. Provide direction, support, and recommend improvements for the delivery and evaluation of tutorial services.
8. Collaborate with colleagues assigned to the Tutorial Center to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in the delivery of tutorial services.
9. Schedule the usage of the Tutorial center including study rooms, common areas, offices, front counter, and patio.
10. Utilize computer hardware and computer software in the delivery of tutorial services including, but not limited to, Banner, Microsoft Office Suite, Net Tutor, SARS Grid, and TutorTrac.
11. Serve as an advocate for faculty, students, and the Tutorial Center.
12. Moderate or mediate between faculty, students, and other college personnel.
13. Organize complex projects and manage initiatives relating to tutorial services.
14. Maintain fluency in curriculum and academic program changes.
15. Prepare and provide presentations on the Tutorial Center to faculty, students, and the general public. Communicate tutorial services college-wide.
16. Advise faculty on best practices as it relates to tutorial services.
17. Responsible for updating the Tutorial Center brochure, webpage, and other marketing and outreach documentation or online resource. Perform outreach services as requested.
18. Plan and lead workshops and seminars on tutorial services related topics.
19. Attend and participate in professional development opportunities on- and off-campus.
20. Serve on and participate in shared governance councils, committees, and other college and district entities.
21. Draft program reviews and generate reports as requested. Draft and assess student learning outcomes or service areas outcomes.
22. Accept a flexible work schedule that may include evenings, weekends, or alternate scheduling as needed.
23. Work with minimal supervision.
24. May teach tutorial related courses up to 20% of work assignment.
25. Ensure compliance with federal, state, district, and college policies, procedures, and regulations. Adhere to collective bargaining agreements, education code, and labor law.
26. Perform other duties as assigned.
27. Evidence of a sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical and learning disabilities.
Minimum Education and Experience
Any master’s degree level discipline in which learning assistance or tutoring is provided at the college where the coordinator is employed
A master’s degree in education, educational psychology, or instructional psychology, or other master’s degree with emphasis in adult learning theory.
OR the equivalent.
You will be required to upload your transcripts. You must upload all applicable transcripts, credentials and/or certificates required to meet minimum qualifications for the position for which you are applying. Any degrees earned outside the United States must have an official US evaluation (course by course) of the transcripts and must be submitted with the application. In the case that the file you are uploading is too large or you do not have your transcripts readily available, please upload a document in place of stating you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, or by fax (925) 485-5254, by 5:00 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
*Degrees in Progress: To be conferred on or before July 1, 2018 will be considered, provided that the applicant also submits (1) an up-to-date transcript, (2) a photocopy of the degree requirement from the school catalog, and (3) proof of current course(s) and enrollment. Please provide your explanation and background material by using the optional document upload called “Other Document”. If you are unable to upload the above, please upload a document in its place and state you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, by 5:00 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
Applicants applying under the “Equivalent provision” must provide details that explain at time of application how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degree listed above. Please provide your explanation by using the optional document upload called “Equivalency Statement”.
1. Experience working with an academic or student support program.
2. Effective oral and written communication skills.
3. Demonstrated knowledge in the coordination and delivery of tutorial services.
4. Experience working at a college or university.
Job Work Schedule
This position is full-time, tenure track, beginning Fall 2018. Employment will begin on or about August 16, 2018.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES WHO ARE UNABLE TO CARRY OUT THE PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES OF THE POSITION WILL RECEIVE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS TO ENABLE THEM TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number F58P
Open Date 02/09/2018
Close Date 03/12/2018
Open Until Filled No
Notification to Applicants
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District reserves the right to close or not fill any advertised position.
Instructions for Personal Qualifications Statement
The purpose of the personal qualifications statement is for you to provide information on how your education and experience relate to the requirements and duties of the position. There is no form to complete. Applicants are requested to provide their personal qualifications statement by uploading a document, the same way as you do for your cover letter.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- Personal Qualifications Statement
- Other Document
- Equivalency Statement
CHABOT-LAS POSITAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER