HR and Campus Solutions Systems Analyst
Reporting to the Functional Manager of Campus Solutions and HR Systems group within Administrative Systems (AS), the team strives to deliver quality solutions, providing the highest value to the University and with the lowest cost of ownership. JOB PURPOSE:
HR and Campus Solutions Systems Analyst
Job Number: 77610
Stanford University is hiring a new HR and Campus Solutions Systems Analyst! Do you have strong functional and technical knowledge of the PeopleSoft's Enterprise Learning Management, Portal and Web applications, Human Resource, Time and Labor, Student Administration, Campus Solutions modules? If your references will confirm your outstanding track record of capturing and modeling business requirements and working with business partners to understand directions and priorities, we would like to learn more about you. The Stanford University Campus Solutions and HR Systems team is responsible for the support, maintenance, operations and upgrades of the PeopleSoft applications as well as other third party applications that interface with PeopleSoft. Therefore, your experience in the design of interfaces between Applications would be highly desirable.
Capture and model/map business requirements, and work with business partners to understand directions and priorities to assure the delivery of quality solutions. Serve as project leader on small to medium-sized projects or on a portion of a larger project, as assigned. CORE DUTIES*:
- Support applications, including (but not limited to) PeopleSoft HRSA (Admissions, Student Records, Financial Aid, Student Financials, Human Capital Management, Time & Labor); Portal; Enterprise Learning Management, and Nolij
- Act as single point of contact between IT and the customer.
- Perform necessary business and system analysis to gather all pertinent data related to issues in production system, patches, upgrades, and enhancements.
- Collaborate with business partners to gather requirements and identify gaps between requirements and the application. Assist business partners with determining deliverables, creating system test plans, identifying test scenarios, managing user-acceptance testing and conducting production roll out of resolution.
- Collaborate with developers on application specifications and system enhancements to ensure appropriateness of design and delivering resolution of issues; work with business partners to test and deploy resolution in a timely manner.
- Assist with initial determination of the feasibility of requests and ensure user requirements are thoroughly and accurately documented in accordance with standard techniques.
- Interact with team members, the user community and others on an ongoing basis to ensure accurate identification and delivery of business requirements.
- Make formal recommendations, and write application specifications, including conversion, upgrade and interface routines.
- Develop functional specifications to ensure compliance with system development lifecycle methods.
- Team up with business partners and developers to set realistic response time and/or deliverable expectations.
- Manage the implementation of the approved development in partnership with developers and business partners.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree and eight years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in a techno-functional role using PeopleSoft Human Resources/Student Administration, PeopleSoft Portal, and PeopleSoft Enterprise Learning Management version 9.0.
- Knowledge and experience with PeopleSoft application security and PeopleSoft Developer Tools, including: Application Designer, Data Mover, SQR, PS Query, and PeopleSoft Integration Broker. Knowledge and experience with Liferay portal highly desirable.
- Strong capabilities in the following: data mapping, conversion, table structure knowledge, running and analyzing traces, configuration settings, page customizations, security updates, custom coding logics, issues analysis and recommendations, running SQL queries, documentation skills, test scripts development, functional analysis, coordination of user acceptance and sign-off, business process improvement, fit/gap analysis, requirements documentation and process flow charting, presentation of options and solutions facilitation.
- Strong understanding of the components of web applications.
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with minimum direction.
- Ability to establish effective, ongoing relationships with clients, staff and management.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and work under pressure in high stress situations.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Work extended hours.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Job: Information Technology Services
Location: Business Affairs: Administrative Systems (IT)
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.