Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs and Research Administrator, Level III (12-Month, 1.0 Time Base)
Position Title: Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs and Research
Administrator, Level III (12-Month, 1.0 Time Base)
Effective Date: On or before July 2, 2018
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
• Ph.D. in one of the academic disciplines in the College of Health and Human Services
• Academic qualifications appropriate to appointment at the rank of full Professor with tenure in one of the academic departments of the College
• Demonstrated effectiveness in leadership positions
• Experience in administrative work and implementation university policies and procedures
• Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with diverse students, faculty, and staff
• Interpersonal skills necessary to ensure collaborative relationships and outcomes with academic department chairs, faculty, staff and administrators
• Demonstrated experience with personnel and curriculum in a department/program, college, or university environment
• Demonstrated experience in faculty mentoring and professional development
• Demonstrated experience in interdisciplinary research and external grants and contracts
• Demonstrated experience with personnel procedures (e.g. tenure and promotion, lecturer evaluations) in a department/program, college, or university environment
• Demonstrated experience within a collective bargaining environment
• Demonstrated experience in recruiting and hiring tenure-line faculty
• Demonstrated experience in conducting evaluations of personnel
• Assume appropriate role as directed in college-wide faculty personnel matters including recruitment, evaluation, and professional development
• Provide college-wide oversight, enhancement, and assessment of research grants and contracts
• Provide leadership in the development and implementation of a college-wide faculty mentoring and professional development program
• Provide leadership in the development and support of college-wide faculty interdisciplinary research efforts
• Provide leadership in development of formalized research programs with college-wide community partners
• Assume a range of responsibilities as a key member of the leadership team of the College
• Represent the College on relevant committees, councils, and projects and at various College functions and in the community as needed
• Effectively implement the Collective Bargaining Agreement, particularly in areas related to hiring, workload assignment, evaluation, and discipline
• Additional duties as assigned by the Dean
CSULB seeks to recruit administrators and faculty who enthusiastically support the University's strong commitment to the academic success of all of our students, including students of color, students with disabilities, students who are first generation to college, veterans, students with diverse socio-economic backgrounds, and students of diverse sexual orientations and gender expressions. CSULB seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the People of California, to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students a rich variety of expertise, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.
Conflict of Interest
The duties of this position will include participation in decisions that may have a material financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, the selected candidate will be required to file Conflict of Interest Form 700: Statement of Economic Interests on an annual basis, complete ethics training within 6 months of appointment, and take this training every other year thereafter.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment. All management and executive employees shall be required to provide a written statement to the appropriate administrator of any and all outside employment at the time of hire or appointment and annually thereafter. Employees shall also provide a written statement of outside employment if a written request by an administrator is made.
How to Apply
Review of applications will begin no sooner than March 12, 2018. Position open until filled. To apply for this position, click "Apply Now" on this page: https://cmsweb.cms.csulb.edu/ . To ensure full consideration, during the application process upload an academic resume/CV, a detailed letter of application addressing the minimum qualifications and desired/preferred qualifications, and a copy of transcripts for highest degree (PDF file format preferred); also enter the contact information for three references in the "References" section of the application. Finalists will be notified to have three current letters of recommendation sent directly from referees to AdminSearch@csulb.edu.
If you have any questions or if you have a disability and need accommodation with pre-employment processes (applications, interviews, etc.), please email AdminSearch@csulb.edu.
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, age, Vietnam era veteran status, or any other veterans' status.CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.