Cosumnes River College
Job Posting Number: C00501P
Salary: $3,530.94 per month
Additional Salary Information Plus shift differential.
Closing Date: 2/28/2018
Complete job description and application available online at: https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/6265
The journey-level class of the series. Incumbent is technically competent in the entire library operations. Incumbent works under the general supervision of the assigned manager/supervisor and the direction of the Lead Library Technician. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here].
• Order and receive books and other library materials and supplies, and track related budgets.
• Maintain inventory of department supplies and prepare requisitions for purchases.
• Prepare financial, statistical, and information reports.
• Receive and distribute mail; perform general clerical support duties.
• Clean and repair print and non-print materials.
• Oversee the receiving and check-in of periodicals.
• Order and maintain periodical subscriptions.
• Oversee inventory of the library collection.
• Pre-catalog materials for review by librarians.
• Search for, edit, and retrieve catalog records using bibliographic utility, Online Computer Library Center (OCLC), for use in the library’s online database; prepare materials for bindery.
• Check in and charge out materials; register new patrons.
• Collect fines; prepare overdue notices, process holds on patron records, and clear patron records.
• Handle inter-library loan transactions.
• Set up and maintain the reserve materials collection.
• Oversee re-shelving of library materials; perform tasks necessary to open and/or close library facilities.
• Resolve patron complaints or refer them to appropriate staff members.
• Establish and maintain relationships with outside vendors/suppliers.
• Oversee materials and equipment service functions.
• Assist students and faculty in the setup and operation of a variety of media equipment.
• Receive and schedule equipment and media material requests.
• Retrieve recorded programs and distribute to student listening carrels via playback equipment and switch consoles.
• Oversee the ordering, scheduling, receiving, distribution, circulation, and return of staff media requests. Assist in classification and cataloging of media equipment; and schedule and distribute videotape programs for broadcast and prepare broadcast logs.
• Assist in interviewing, training, and overseeing temporary employees.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION: Two years of experience directly related to the duties of the position; OR one year of experience directly related to the duties of the position and a Library and Information Technology Certificate; OR an Associate’s degree from an accredited institution in Library and Information Technology or equivalent.
Promotional: One year of experience performing duties at the level of a Clerk III in the Los Rios Community College District. (Promotional applies to regular, current Classified employees working with the Los Rios CCD.)
Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.